The Victoria Royals will host the Brandon Wheat Kings. Saturday’s game is the first of four Rain Check nights this season. Therefore, any unused full season, half season or fan pack tickets can be exchanged at the box office windows for additional tickets to the game.
- Where: Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre – 1925 Blanshard Street
- When: Saturday, October 27, 2018 Puck drops at 7:05 pm
Victoria is the most haunted city in British Columbia, if not all of Canada. Almost every building in the downtown core has a ghost story. Some say it’s a result of our Wild West beginnings during the Gold Rush, when the streets were full of fortune hunters, pleasure houses, saloons, public hangings, opium dens and vice was around every corner. The mystery around Haunted Victoria remains. So, Victoria Buzz has compiled some of the most famous and active locations of paranormal activity in the city.
- Where: All around town!
- When: Whenever you want!
It’s all anyone’s been talking about. A haunted house exploding with monsters and loaded with fright. Two-for-one admission is October 15th!
- Where: Ogden Point, 203 Dallas Rd.
- When: October 12th – October 31st.
- Open 6:30pm-11pm Sun-Thurs.
- Open 6pm-11:30pm Fri & Sat.
- What: Round up a squad, follow the map, and read the stories of some of Victoria’s most haunted downtown locations. A great way to get spooky with some room for spontaneity!
- Where: Wherever you’d like to start!
- When: Whenever you’d like to get going!
- What: Options! A Psychic Tour awaits, where clairvoyant medium Dawn Kirkham leads a walk through the cemetery and shares information on the spirits that inhabit it. A Murder Most Foul explores old graves and the grisly tales found in old newspapers and the BC Coroner’s records. The Annual Ghost Tour will explore ghost stories linked to people buried at Ross Bay Cemetery.
- Where: Ross Bay Cemetery
- When: Oct 28: Annual Ghost Tour – Click here for detailed scheduling options.
Fun for the whole family. Entertainment including face painting, hay-rides, train rides, corn maze, petting farm, haunted house & plenty more activities for the children to enjoy. Don’t forget to check out the Cow Train.
- Where: Galey’s Farm, 4150 Blenkinsop Rd
- When: Every weekend until October 28th from 10 am to 4 pm.
- Cost: $12 per adult $8 per child for one Train Ride ticket or one Corn Maze ticket. With your purchase of first ticket, second ticket at $5 (+taxes). Family Combo Pass (2 adults, 2 children) for $48 includes Corn Maze and Train Ride. Petting Farm is complimentary only with the purchase of first ticket or separately $2 per person.
Galey Farm’s signature event features a Haunted House for kids, the much scarier 6000 square foot Carnevil Haunted House for adults, a haunted corn maze, Crazy Train and Seance. The Cornfield of Horror is fully animated and features The Haunted Mansion, Pirates Island, The Addams Graveyard and many more fabulous displays. Fun for all ages during the day, but gets much spookier after 6 pm.
- Where: Galey Farms, 4150 Blenkinsop Rd
- When: Runs nightly October 12th & 13th,18th to 21st and 25th through to Halloween night. 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Vancouver Island’s biggest corn maze features 14-acres of corn and 10 acres of maze trails – Pendray Farms is the place to be! The average time to get through the maze is 2 hours, although some have made it in 45 minutes. The 2018 corn maze has a small maze, a walking trail, and a large maze. The small maze (~2 km) can be completed in 30 minutes to an hour. The “Walking Trail” (~1.1 km) goes around the maze, but is not connected to the maze. These sections are ideal for children and grown ups who prefer a shorter exploration of the corn maze.
- Fridays: 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Saturdays: 10 a.m. -8 p.m.
- Sundays 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Where: 9537 West Saanich
- Cost: Adults 13+ $10, Kids 5-12 $5, Kids under 5 are free.
Pumpkin Art on the Avenue features hundreds of pumpkin carvings set up in themes featuring Canadian Idols, cartoon characters, prime ministers, presidents, TV shows, the royal family, sixties icons, CBC history and more!
- When: October 26 to 30, 5 pm to 9 pm / October 31, 5 pm to 10 pm
- Where: Behind the Oak Bay Municipal Hall, 2167 Oak Bay Avenue
Celebrating 200 years, Shelley’s original gothic novel meets Coralli and Perrot’s timeless ballet Giselle in an alchemy only Destrooper dares bring to the stage. Horror, romance and science fiction galvanised into a new ballet driven by a score boasting Verdi, Shostakovich, Dukas, Catalani and Adam. Think Corpse Bride meets Frankenstein.
- Where: McPherson Playhouse, 643 Broughton St.
- When: October 27 at 7:30 p.m. October 28 at 2 p.m.
Join the Beyond Belief Paranormal Team on October 20th or October 26th as they investigate the paranormal occurrences that staff, volunteers, and visitors have experienced at Point Ellice House.
Reports of activity in and around the 1861 home include full body apparitions, voices, footsteps, and lights turning on by themselves. Some people feel ghostly presences in the rooms of the house and visitor centre. Access is being given to the team and those that are brave enough to join them! Over the course of the evening you will have the opportunity to participate in seances, vigils, EVP sessions, glass moving, and table tipping as well as use some of the ghost hunting equipment the team will be bringing.
- Where: Point Ellice House and Gardens, 2616 Pleasant St.
- When: October 26th 7:30 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Bring family and friend for a wonderful afternoon of spooky Halloween fun! Join the guided walks – if you dare – and CRD Regional Parks naturalists will take you through the treasures of the natural world. Displays, Halloween crafts, and hot ghoulish brew await. Costumed folks can win a prize!
- Where: Francis/King Regional Park. Meet Francis/King Nature Center off Munn Road
- When: October 27 and 28 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Take a ride back in time on the haunted horse-drawn trolley down the dark streets of Victoria and hear about the scary occurrences in the most haunted neighbourhoods on the west coast – you just might see a ghost or two! These rides are fully narrated, and every told story is true.
- Where: Located at the corner of Menzies and Belleville
- When: October 27 – 29
- Cost: Adults: $20, Seniors/Children under 12: $15
Need a reason to wear that costume another time during the Halloween and Harvest Season! This annual event started 4 years ago to promote a walkable downtown and our amazing Harvest and Halloween City! Whether you stroll into the “Feeling Ghoully Music Zone,” visit our “Ghostly Giving,” and learn more about some of our over 3000 non profit organizations in Greater Victoria, start some early shopping in the “Harvest Market,” or have some fun in the “Too Cute To Spook Wicked Kid Zone,” I promise you will have a wonderful time seeing all your favorite characters, costumes and ghosts!
- When: Boo Boulevard (Government Street)
- Where: Sunday October 28th from 12 noon to 5 p.m.
Haunted Night Zipline Tours are full of terror and fun! There are strange creatures running amok and spooky tales to be told. Ghosts, monsters and tall tales are all a part of this very interactive experience, available only around Halloween.
- Where: Adrenaline Zipline Adventures, 5128C Sooke Road.
- When: October 26 – 28th
Now in their 25th year, Ghost Bus Tours take you past some of Victoria’s most haunted places in the comfort of a charter coach. Tours last 2 hours and make 2 stops for onsite ghost hunting and stories, including the Victoria Golf Course for the story of the famous “golf course ghost.” A secret starting location in Oak Bay is revealed when the transaction is complete. Ghost Bust Tours are conducted by John Adams as a fundraiser for the Old Cemeteries Society.
- Where: Oak Bay Marina, 1327 Beach Drive
- When: October 20, 27, 28. Reservations required! Tickets here.
Starting at V Lounge and taking you through the city to Distrikt, Upstairs, and more! The 2018 Halloween Club Crawl Pass Includes: 4 Halloween Nightclubs and Parties, party bus transportation between clubs, no cover charges and no waiting-in-line, costume contests & prizes.
- Where: Starts at V Lounge, 3366 Douglas St.
- When: October 26 and 27th. Doors 6:30 p.m. – buses depart at 7:15 p.m.
Bring your dive gear, wear a costume or a decorated hood, carving tools and pumpkin to compete in this annual tradition!
- Where: Esquimalt Lagoon Beach
- When: October 28th, 11 am – 1 pm
Don’t miss Vancouver Island’s largest annual vacation trade-show event of the year. There will be 24 supplier booths featuring top cruise lines, land suppliers, coach and rail. Join in on one, or all of the 20+ seminars throughout the day.
Learn about exciting new itineraries, top travel trends, exciting Expedia Extras, and why you should “let your journey begin with Expedia CruiseShipCenters”.
- Where: Sunday, October 28 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- When: Victoria Conference Centre – 720 Douglas Street