It’s Friday! Here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria today.
If you’re looking for a horrifying scare this weekend, the Monsters Haunted House at Ogden Point is your best bet. Today is the opening night.
- When: October 12th to 31st
- Sunday thru Thursday| 6:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- Fridays, Saturdays, and Halloween| 6:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
- Where: 203 Dallas Road, Pier A, Ogden Point
Jesse Roper is bringing his electrifying live performance in support of his latest album, Access to Infinity. Kicking off the Canadian tour on October 12 in Victoria at the McPherson Playhouse.
- When: 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Where: Royal Theatre & McPherson Playhouse – 3 Centennial Square
William Head Prison in Metchosin, BC, is the home the prison theatre company of William Head on Stage (or WHoS), Canada’s longest-running prison theatre program. Since 1981, the inmates have staged a play each fall and invited the general public. Anyone can buy a ticket, go through prison security, enter the prison gymnasium and experience the show. This October, the company is creating and performing their new play The Crossroads: A Prison Cabaret, set in a supernatural limbo, buried beneath the roots of a giant tree.
- Where: William Head Institution – 6000 William Head Road
- When: Saturday at 7:15 p.m.
The Victoria Grizzlies return home after a 3 game road trip to play home versus the Alberni Valley Bulldogs.
- Where: 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m.
- When: The Q Centre – 1767 Island Highway
Dodgeball for adults. Come throw some balls at your friends. $7 for two hours, first time is free.
- Where: North Douglas Church – 675 Jolly Pl
- Where: 7;10 p.m. to 10:15 p.m.