It’s getting spookier out there by the day. Check out our list of 5 things to do in and around Victoria today.
Galey Farm’s signature event features a Haunted House for kids, the much scarier 6000 square foot Carnevil Haunted House for adults, a haunted corn maze, Crazy Train and Seance. The Cornfield of Horror is fully animated and features The Haunted Mansion, Pirates Island, The Addams Graveyard and many more fabulous displays. Fun for all ages during the day, but gets much spookier after 6 pm.
- When: Runs nightly October 12th & 13th,18th to 21st and 25th through to Halloween night. 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Where: Galey Farms, 4150 Blenkinsop Rd
It’s time for the spooktacular Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest. Think you got some mad pumpin carving skills? Wanna show off without having to clean out or clean up your pumpkin? Prizes are to be won.
- When: Kids carving contest 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., Adult carving contest 7 p.m. -9 p.m.
- Where: Fiamo Italian Kitchen – 515 Yates Street
A fun night filled with your favourite wizard Harry Potter! Trivia, a costume contest, and baked goods are just the start of this awesome night, and we can’t wait to see you there!
- When: 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Where: David Strong Building – 3800 Finnerty Road
A slow dance night dedicated to blues music! Open to all levels of blues dancers. $10 entry (students just $5).
- 9:00 p.m.Quickie Beginner lesson (Beginner friendly, all levels, no partner required)
- 9:15 p.m. – 11:30 p.m. Social dancing
- Where: 1303 Broad Street
Have you ever been interested in joining a committee or helping out with a community project? On October 25th, learn about some current community projects and how you can help! They’ll be doing a walk-through of the community centre, going over volunteer procedures, and having conversations about ways you can help!
- When: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Where: Victoria West Community Association – 521 Craigflower Road