If you’re looking to celebrate Halloween over the weekend, this is one Franken-tastic event you won’t want to miss!
This Sunday, October 28th, kick off your Halloween celebrations with ‘Wicked Victoria’ – a fun, free, family-friendly event in the heart of downtown Victoria.
Back for their fourth year in town, Wicked Victoria will be transforming a section Government Street (from Humboldt St. to Yates St.) into a pedestrian-only zone.
The event features live performances, locally sourced food and drinks, two blocks worth of activities for children, and more!
Everything you have to look forward to
From a schedule of live performances to a list of vendors and organizations, here’s everything you have to look forward to at this year’s Wicked Victoria:
- 12:00 – 2:00 p.m. – Cookeilidh
- 2:15 – 3:15 p.m. – Talk to Trees
- 3:15 – 4:15 p.m. – Arf the Dog
- 4:30 – 5:00 p.m. – Cooper Pickering
Non-profit organizations who will each have Halloween/Harvest themed games set up for kids and parents:
- Disaster Aid
- Canadian Blood
- Downtown Residents Association
- Kaleidoscope Theatre – Mask Making
- UVic Behaviour Medicine Lab
- Compost Education Centre
- Victoria Bug Zoo
- Victoria Police Department
- Candy Time (Cotton Candy)
- Max’s Mini Donuts
- Island Sweets
- Phillips Soda
- Country Crepes
- Lone Tree Bakery
- The Cannery Furniture
Kids’ Stage Lineup:
- 12:05 – Maple Leaf Ballet Thriller
- 12:20 – 1:15 p.m. – Reynolds Sr Jazz
- 1:15 – 1:30 p.m. – Maple Leaf Ballet Thriller
- 1:30 – 2:00 p.m. – Viva Youth Choirs
- 2:15 – 2:45 p.m. – O’Brien School of Irish Dancing
- 3:00pm – 3:15 p.m. – Monster Mash March – With Reynolds Drum Line
- 3:15 – 3:40 p.m. – O’Brien School of Irish Dancing
- 3:45pm – 5:00 p.m. – Stages Dance Studio Zombies and more!
Two blocks will be transformed into a Kid Zone, featuring pumpkin designing, balloons, colouring, face painting, games, blow ups with a central open area, bouncy castles and the Monster Mash March Kids’ Costume parade around 3pm.
And keep an eye out for Shayne, the King of Magic, who will be roving the streets of Boo Boulevard!