Welcome back to the work week. Don’t hold back just because it’s Monday, here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria today, Monday November 26th.
Has Tinder lost it’s spark? Bumble become a fumble? Well never fear because Matchmaker Monday is back, and this time the event is gettin’ cosy!
A 90s slumber party themed event and live game show night, complete with games, live performances, karaoke, vintage pop up shop, and more! A place to mingle and meet new folks, start up a convo, and possibly take part in a round of our very own live dating game show: The Newlymet Game! 19+.
- When: Doors open at 7 p.m. with an 8 p.m. start
- Where: Victoria Event Centre – 1415 Broad Street
The 27th Annual Festival of Trees at the Bay Centre has begun! See the Bay Centre transformed into a glowing forest of hand-decorated trees. Share in the spirit by voting for your favourite (like ours ), with all proceeds supporting the most urgent health care needs of kids in BC.
Trees will be on display at the Bay Centre starting November 15, 2018, through January 7, 2019.
- When: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m. (during shopping centre hours)
- Where: The Bay Centre
This fun charitable event will showcase the gingerbread houses of both professional and amateur bakers.
Vote for your favourite sugary structure, and all donations will go towards Habitat Victoria’s Build Program for families in need. Last year, they had over 25,000 visitors and more than $51,000 was raised!
- When: On now until Sunday, January 6th, 2019 – 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Where: The Parkside Hotel & Spa – 810 Humboldt Street
- What: If learning about ancient pyramids, hieroglyphs, and mummies sounds like an awesome way to spend your summer, then walk like an Egyptian down to the Royal BC Museum. The exhibit gives visitors a glimpse into all aspects of ancient Egyptian life, from the emergence of ancient Egyptian civilization along the Nile to the Ptolemaic and Roman eras.
- When: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Where: Royal BC Museum, 675 Belleville St
- Admission: Varies.
Take in the sights and sounds of Christmas long ago. Visit the wood-cobbled streets lined with festive garlands and see the shops decked in seasonal finery.
- When: Daily until – January 9 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where: Royal BC Museum – 675 Belleville Street