We’ve made it to the halfway mark and today’s forecast calls for sunshine! Here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria today, Wednesday November 7th.
Are you prepared for an emergency? Register for a free, 90-minute workshop to learn what it will take for you and your family to be prepared for a power outage, winter storm or a natural disaster such as an earthquake or tsunami. Depending on the emergency, your family needs to be prepared with enough food, water, medication and supplies to cope up to seven days without outside assistance.
- When: 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Where: City of Victoria – 1 Centennial Square
The funniest night of the week is Wednesday at The Mint! Each week Morgan Cranny and Drew Farrance bring the most hilarious comedian’s in the city together for a wonderful evening of fun at the best venue for stand up comedy in Victoria.
- When: 8:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Where:The Mint Restaurant – 1414B Douglas Street
Brought to you by the International Students Collective of the CCSS, you will have a night of festivities, food, and dance!
- When: 5:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Where: Na’tsa’maht at Lansdowne Campus (Indigenous gathering place)
Missing your pet? Stressed about school? Come to the Interfaith Chapel to love-up some animals. Enjoy free tea, coffee, and cookies while connecting with cuddly therapy animals. This is a drop-in program and anyone is welcome to attend.
- When: 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Where: Uvic Interfaith Chapel
Karaoke Wednesdays at Copper Owl. Thousands of songs to choose from including indie rock, pop hits, classic rock, oldies, b-sides and more!!
- When: 9 p.m.
- Where:Copper Owl – 1900 Douglas Street