Nanaimo RCMP have released surveillance images of two men who they believe have information regarding a violent home invasion that occurred in the wee hours of Tuesday morning.
Officers wish to speak with the men in the photos above, and are asking for the public’s assistance in identifying them.
Two senior citizens in Nanaimo were assaulted in a violent home invasion earlier this week.
At about 2:30 a.m. on Tuesday, November 27th, a married couple in their 70s were woken up by three men who entered their home and struck the elderly man with a blunt object.
They then tied up both residents before proceeding to steal various bank and credit cards, personal effects, and jewellery and then drove off in their 2008 Lexus IS250 with BC plate 044TCV. Here is a stock photo of a similar vehicle:
BC Paramedics then arrived at the home on Garner Crescent to transport the man to the hospital for treatment. The woman was uninjured but traumatized by the incident.
“Based on interviews with the victims and certain things said by the suspects, we believe the suspects mistakenly entered the wrong home,” said Constable Gary O’Brien of the Nanaimo RCMP.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact Nanaimo RCMP at 250-754-2345 and quote file # 2018-43539. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Crime Stoppers at www.nanaimocrimestoppers.com or call 1-800-222-8477.