If you’re looking to give your family (and yourself) the gift of a delicious meal void of cooking and clean-up stress, we’ve got you covered.
Many local restaurants are staying open to offer spectacular holiday meals for Victorians and their families to enjoy. But you’ll want to reserve your table soon — many of these eateries are already filling up.
This ocean-view restaurant is open 365 days of the year — and Christmas is no exception. In addition to their usual menu, they will also be offering festive specials for appetizers, entrees, and deserts on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- When: Monday, December 24th, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Tuesday, December 25th, 9 AM – 4 PM
Make sure to reserve your spot in advance, because tables here are bound to book up fast. You can check out the menu in advance here, which offers options for both the classic Christmas spread and less traditional (but equally delicious) entrees from under the sea.
- When: Tuesday, December 25th, 3 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Carving stations, traditional Christmas specials, seafood, and live piano music — the Fairmont Empress has it all this Christmas. Reserve your table in the dining room or at the buffet for an evening of exceptional food and music.
- When: Tuesday, December 25th, 4 p.m. – 9 p.m. for the dinner, and 2 p.m., 4:30 p.m., and 7 p.m. seatings for the buffet
- Price: Dinner – $179, 50% off for children; buffet – $119 and gratuity, $70 for children
The Hotel Grand Pacific is ready to serve up their annual Christmas feast! Make sure to a reserve a spot in advance so you don’t miss out on their delectable three course meal, with several options to choose from.
- When: Monday, December 24th, 5 p.m. – 10 p.m.,
Tuesday, December 25th, 3 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Price: $75 per person ($37 for children 11 and under)
Enjoy a turkey dinner, vegetable lasagna, or glazed ham at this English-style pub. While they’re almost completely booked for Christmas dinner already, reservations are still available until 5 p.m..
- When: Tuesday, December 25th, 4 p.m. – 9 p.m.
On Christmas Day, the Strathcona is serving up holiday favourites and classic pub food all day — drop in for lunch, dinner, and even a late night bite.
To top it off, you can also stop by their happy hour (4 PM – 6 PM) any day in December to enjoy a specially-created festive drink menu.
- When: Tuesday, December 25th, 11:30 a.m. – 2 a.m.
This restaurant is in high demand, but worth the hype. Although Christmas brunch and dinner are already booked up, there are still seats available for the Christmas Eve seafood buffet.
- When: Monday, December 24th, 4:30 p.m., 6 p.m., and 7:30 p.m. seating times
- Price: $75 per person plus tax and gratuity, $37.50 for kids aged 12 – 6, and children under 5 are free
Not only will this Green Tourism Gold Award-winning restaurant be serving a grand Christmas dinner, but they’ve got you covered for breakfast and brunch too!
Stop in during their special hours on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and Boxing Day to enjoy the holiday dishes (which are expected to be announced soon).
- When: Monday, December 24th, 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.,
Tuesday, December 25th, 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.,
Wednesday, December 26th, 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Don’t forget to call ahead for the opportunity to enjoy a gourmet three course meal at the Brentwood Bay Resort. Each course has a variety of options, and comes complete with optional wine pairings.
- When: Monday, December 24th, 5 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. (three course holiday menu optional)
Tuesday, December 25th, 3:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. (three course holiday menu only)
- Price: $60 per person
What’s better than a full Christmas feast with a waterfront view? Make sure you reserve ahead, and check out the full list of seafood and traditional Christmas specials on their holiday menu.
- When: Tuesday, December 25th, 2 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Price: $95 per person
Did we miss your favourite place for a holiday meal? Let us know in the comments!