Can you believe it’s the last weekend of January?
To round out the month we have plenty of national Comedians to watch, a Chinese New Year celebration, a massive health show expo and more. Plus, the forecast for Sunday is clear skies, so if you were hoping to do something outdoors now’s your chance!
Without further ado here are 11 things to do in and around Victoria this weekend.
Renowned Canadian comedian Jeremy Hotz is coming to Victoria to deliver a whole lot of laughs to the island.
Known for his astute observational comedy, the international Man of Misery sold out his last national tour, so pick up tickets quick if you want a seat!
- When: Saturday, January 26th, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Where: The McPherson Playhouse, 3 Centennial Square
Have a broken toaster or a sweater full of holes? Don’t throw them out, bring them to the Greater Victoria Public Library for their Repair Cafe!
At the meet up you’ll have a chance to meet with volunteer repair experts who can help you teach how to fix your broken household items. The workshop’s free but donations are encouraged.
- When: Saturday, January 26th, 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Where: Greater Victoria Public Library, 735 Broughton Street
Come celebrate the Chinese New Year with dumpling making, lantern riddles, Spring Festival couplets writing, games, prizes, cosplay, a photo booth, and more!
Plus, there’ll be a kid’s art auction with proceeds going towards Big Brothers and Big Sisters!
- When: Saturday, January 26th, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Where: Oak Bay High School, 2121 Cadboro Bay Road
Come check out this up-and-coming Canadian comedian who’s earned heaps of awards in his short career.
Ivan’s made appearances at the Just for Laughs Montreal festival, the Winnipeg and Halifax Comedy festivals for CBC Television and Conan.
- When: Saturday, January 26th, 9:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Where: Hecklers, 123 Gorge Road East
Want to learn a classic perogie recipe that dates back to 1863?
Now’s your chance because Bella from Perogie Pinchers of Victoria is teaching people how to make her very own vegetarian potato-cheddar-onion perogies. Just don’t forget to bring an Apron!
- When: Saturday, January 26th, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Where: James Bay United Church, 511 Michigan Street
This fun family event is open for parents and children who want to enjoy free pizza, games, videos, and music circle.
All ages and abilities are welcome, just remember to register!
- When: Saturday, January 26th, 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Where: Saanich Commonwealth Place, 4636 Elk Lake Drive
Tired of Googling your ailments and searching for answers on WebMD? Don’t know which latest health trend is actually worth looking into?
Whether you’re looking to learn about new products and how they might benefit you, or have specific questions about personal health and wellness issues, this expo with over 100 exhibitors is one-stop-shop for all your needs.
- Saturday, January 26th, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Sunday, January 27th, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Where: Pearkes Recreation Centre, 3100 Tillicum Rd
Check out a hilarious and eclectic evening of improvised theatre by Paper Street Theatre!
The first half of hte night will feature students from the theatre’s Master’s Program, and the second half will star the masters themselves.
- When: Sunday, January 27th, 8:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Where: Intrepid Theatre, 1609 Blanshard Street
The creative force has arrived at the Sidney Museum with their newest presentation of the ever-popular Lego Exhibition celebrating over 60 years of Lego imagination. Dozens of Star Wars themed Lego models provide a special focus for this exciting exhibit, rounded out by hundreds of other Lego models including Hogwarts Castle and Lego model of the Bugatti Chiron automobile. Admission is always by donation.
When: Sunday, January 27th, 10:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M
Where: Sidney Museum, 2423 Beacon Avenue
Get hands on with a west coast art, knot decorating!
Head on down to BC’s Maritime Museum by the inner harbour and learn how to make “knotty” coasters, napkin rings, wine charms, and more!
- When: Sunday, January 27th, 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Where: Maritime Museum of British Columbia, 634 Humboldt Street
Hunt down rare little treasures at the Victoria Flea Market this weekend!
This Sunday morning hangout is the perfect place to find items with real stories behind them. Chat with up to 60 vendors about the history of objects and local events.
- When: Sunday, January 27th, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Where: Royal Canadian Legion, 411 Gorge Road East