It’s Monday, but that doesn’t mean the fun has to end. Here are five things to do in Victoria today, Monday, January 14.
The creative force has arrived at the Sidney Museum with their newest presentation of the ever-popular Lego Exhibition celebrating over 60 years of Lego imagination. Dozens of Star Wars themed Lego models provide a special focus for this exciting exhibit, rounded out by hundreds of other Lego models including Hogwarts Castle and Lego model of the Bugatti Chiron automobile. Admission is always by donation.
- When: Daily, 10:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Where: Sidney Museum, 2423 Beacon Avenue
The drop-in art studio is a free and open space to work on your creative projects.
All materials are provided, including: paints, canvas, pencils, pastels, and sketch books.
- When: 1:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. (use buzzer if arriving after 3:30 p.m.)
- Where: Downtown Community Centre, 755 Pandora Ave
Bring two decks – you play with your first choice. Once beaten, it’s eliminated from the tournament and you gotta survive with the second choice. Lose with that, and you’re out. Last player standing wins!
- When: 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Where: Interactivity Board Game Cafe, 723 Yates Street
See Victoria’s comics work on their newest, weirdest jokes at the best downtown pierogi bar! Amazing food, stellar cocktails, and fun open mic comedy! We’ve got Victoria’s newest son, James Boyle, hosting and prodigal son Alistair Ogden closing the night!
- When: 7:30 p.m.
- Where: SüLT Pierogi Bar – 609 Yates Street
Showcase your talent, whether it’s music, comedy, dance, spoken word or poetry… you name it! Registration begins at 7:30 p.m. with the showcase starting at 8 p.m. and continuing until 11 p.m. Pete and Mo will be bringing some instruments to get some jams going!
- When: 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Where: The Mint Restaurant, 1414B Douglas Street