We’re so close to the weekend, we can almost taste those extra hours of sleep!
To keep you busy until then, here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria today:
Want to work at one of our city’s most historic buildings and make over $23 an hour? Look no further than the Fairmont Empress!
Named one of 2019’s Best Places to Work in Canada by Glassdoor, perks of working here include industry leading pay rates, free meals at work, food, beverage, and hotel discounts, recognition and reward programs, comprehensive benefits including MSP, and retirement savings plans!
- When: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Where: Crystal Ballroom, Fairmont Empress, 721 Government Street – Porte-Cochere Entrance off Belleville Street
- What to Bring: Prospective applicants are asked to bring a resume, references, ID, and to dress professionally.
Calling all intermediate developers! Are you interested in learning Elixir? Join lead developers and programmers toady at the Pixel Union office for pizza, beer, and a fun Elixir workshop focusing on the fundamentals of the functional programming language. By the end of the workshop, you’ll have built a small Google Analytics style web application to highlight the reasons why Elixir’s adoption has grown so quickly over the past few years.
- When: 5:45 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Where: Pixel Union, 202-1221 Broad St
- Admission: Free. Click here to register
A panel discussion and photo/video gallery focused on marine conservation hosted by The Sealives Initiative, an NGO dedicated to showcasing issues related to marine health and welfare on the coast. The event will start off with a brief networking session, followed by the much awaiting panel discussion, and end with Q&As and drinks.
- When: 6 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Where: Fortune Gallery, 537 Fisgard St
- Admission: Click here to purchase tickets (by donation).
You’re invited to the endūr Apparel on Dragons’ Den viewing party at the Uptown Shopping Centre. Stop by for a drink, view the socks presented to the Dragons, ask questions, and get access to a special shopping event after the episode airs.
- When: 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Where:Uptown Shopping Centre, across from Browns Socialhouse at 3671 Uptown Blvd, unit # 103.
Music and food at McRae’s with An&Ben. Music starts at 7:30 and goes till 9:30. Show up early to get your seats! Drink special: Red Truck Pints and Tall Cans – $5
- When: 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Where: McRae’s, 1652 McRae Ave