It’s the last day of January!
Come round out the month with some BC shipwreck history, gender diversity education, adorable arts and crafts, and more.
Without further ado here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria today.
Come bring your little ones out to explore a circus playground!
The playtime is supervised but not a structured class, just a chance to jump, spin, play on Aeriel silk, trapeze, and more! For ages 2 – 4.
- When: 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Where: The Rising – Victoria Centre for Circus Arts, 140-1047 Langford Parkway
Join the Maritime Museum of BC for a drink and discussion about our unique maritime heritage, culture, and environment.
Tonight’s talk is about the many shipwrecks beneath BC’s waters, like the 1808 St. Nikolai wreck, that left 22 Russian citizens stranded in Canada only to be taken in and aided by the Indigenous people of the Makah, Quileute and Hoh nations.
- When: 6:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Where: Maritime Museum of British Columbia, 634 Humboldt Street
Understanding, welcoming, and celebrating transgender, non-binary & Two-Spirit people is on the agenda for tonight!
Join members of the Lutheran Church and Ambit Gender Diversity Consulting founder, Kingsley Strudwick for discussions on how to include all people.
- When: 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Lutheran Church of the Cross, 3787 Cedar Hill Road
The creative force has arrived at the Sidney Museum with their newest presentation of the ever-popular Lego Exhibition celebrating over 60 years of Lego imagination. Dozens of Star Wars themed Lego models provide a special focus for this exciting exhibit, rounded out by hundreds of other Lego models including Hogwarts Castle and Lego model of the Bugatti Chiron automobile. Admission is always by donation.
- When: Daily, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Where: Sidney Museum, 2423 Beacon Avenue
Learn how to make and decorate adorable cat, dog, and birthday cards and boxes! Perfect to make for yourself or to give away as a gift for any animal lover in your life.
Ideal for a wholesome night making some arts and crafts.
- When: Daily, 6:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Where: Sue’s Paper Creations, 6898 Central Saanich Road