It’s the weekend and we’re already past the halfway point of the month. Here are 8 things to do around Victoria this weekend.
You can join hundreds of women that are gathering in front of BC’s Legislature building in support of the third annual worldwide Women’s March.
Last year, the event saw over 1,300 people take to the streets and join in the conversation about women’s rights and what changes they’d like to see in the community.
- When: Saturday, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Where: BC Legislature buildings to Centennial Square
“A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…”
Feel the force around you and be transported to a galaxy far, far away with music from Star Wars and other iconic sci-fi movies for one day only with the Victoria Symphony. Music from Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, and will also be on full display.
- When: Saturday, 2:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Where: Royal Theatre, 805 Broughton Street
Stars of the popular Netflix series, Rupaul’s Drag Race are headlining this drag show that’s sure to be a heart-stopper.
This all-ages event will also showcase local performers from Victoria and Vancouver all in the McPherson Playhouse.
- When: Saturday, 8 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Where: Royal Theatre & McPherson Playhouse, 3 Centennial Square/805 Broughton St
A great opportunity to meet the best wedding experts in person, take in some over-the-top design inspiration, and enjoy access to many wedding planning promotional offers!
- When: Sunday at 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Where: Pearkes Recreation Centre, 3100 Tillicum Road
You can help kids who are battling cancer just by cleaning out your closet and doing gently used handbags, jewelry, and scarves!
You can drop off your donations at Mayfair Shopping Centre near the Toys ‘R’ Us, and all proceeds will go towards BC’s Children’s hospital foundation.
- When: Saturday and Sunday, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Where: Mayfair Shopping Centre, 3147 Douglas Street
You can roam like a stegasaurus and embark on a journey millions of years in the making at the Royal BC Museum.
The event will include exciting activities and explore why the prehistoric world had such a large and lasting impact on the planet.
- When: Sunday, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Where: Royal BC Museum, 675 Belleville Street
Vancouver Island’s first ninja gym is opening up in Sidney on Monday, but this Sunday they’re holding a special open house!
Visitors can stop by to check out the gym and try out a few obstacles, perfect for ninjas young or old.
- When: Sunday, 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Where: Pacific Ninja Gym, 2340 Bevan Avenue
If the the skies are clear Sunday, make sure to look up! A Super Blood Moon Lunar Eclipse will appear above Vancouver Island – a combination of a full moon (super moon) and lunar eclipse (blood moon).
- When: Sunday, Begins just after 7:30 p.m. and will be gone before 9:45 p.m. See article for breakdown of timing.
- Where: Anywhwere you can see the moon