Wanting to achieve your New Year’s resolution of getting more exercise in, but not looking to spend a ton on an activity you may not end up liking? Check out this guide on #freefitness!
Open to people of all different skill levels, Victoria Cool Aid Society’s Downtown Community Centre is offering drop-in yoga on January 17th at 2:30pm. Alongside yoga, this centre offers numerous other free and low-cost community programs- for more info, check out their website here!
- When:Thursday, January 17th, 2:30 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Cool Aid Society Downtown Community Centre, 755 Pandora Ave
Get ready to boogie, as the Roller Skate Victoria Dance Academy is offering a free class on January 19th. Ready to get your groove on? Find out more information about the class here!
- When: Saturday, January 19th, 4:30 p.m.
- Where: CDI College, 950 Kings Rd
Free Yoga at UVic
Are you a UVic student who’s already feeling a bit burned out from classes? Check out the range of events offered at the 5th Annual Mental Health Awareness Week, which includes free yoga classes on January 17th.
- When: Thursday, January 17th, 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Where: Res HUB, Hodges 104
Not a student? Don’t worry, the UVic Yoga Rave is open to the community via donation!
- When: Thursday, January 17th, 6 p.m.
- Where: CARSA Performance Gym
Check out the free Dance Days program offered by the Maple Leaf School of Russian Ballet. From January 21st to 26th, they have free classes for adults in a range of different skill levels – beginners included! Find their Facebook event here.
- When: Monday, January 21st – Saturday, January 26th
- Where: Maple Leaf School of Russian Ballet, 310 Henry St
Candlelit Yin Yoga (by donation)
On 22nd, and 29th, the “By Donation Yoga” program will be hosting candlelit Yin yoga practices at 7:30 pm in Victoria’s Cinderbloc Studio.
Intended to be open to all regardless of funding, this yoga program promises an environment of soothing stress relief. As a bonus, their Facebook page notes that tea and chocolate is also offered regularly to practitioners!
- When: Tuesday, January 22nd and Tuesday, January 29th, 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Cinderbloc Studio, 602 Esquimalt Rd
If you’ve got a bit of experience in dancing, but are looking to try a new style, check out this amazing opportunity to attend a free jazz dance class!
On January 25th at 7:00 pm, come on by to the Amethyst Dance and Fitness Studio for a chance to learn some new moves! For more info, click here.
- When: Friday, January 25th, 7 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Where: Amethyst Dance & Fitness, #112 – 733 Johnson St
Have a little one who tends to get a bit squirmy? Help them burn off some extra energy in this fun, free family activity!
On February 10th, head on down to the Victoria School for Ideal Education at 2 pm. For more info about this event, be sure to check out the Facebook page here.
- When: Sunday, February 10th, 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Where: Victoria School for Ideal Education, 2820 Belmont Ave
Various different classes!
With classes including swing dancing and hula, as well as non-fitness courses featuring improv, singing in Spanish, and more, Esquimalt’s “Try it Free” January program has something for everyone!
For more info, see:
- When: Sunday, January 6th – January 21st, various times
- Where: Esquimalt Recreation Centre, 527 Fraser Street
Did we miss any? Comment below to let us know!