What a snow week it was (yes it snowed again last night)!
If you can make it down your street safely, there’s plenty to do today. Check out some wildlife photography or local artist exhibits, support youth rallying for climate change, swim, skate, and more!
Start heading into your weekend with these 5 things to do in and around Victoria today.
The Royal BC Museum’s newest exhibit launches today!
Experience the wonders of nature through the lenses of award-winning photographers from around the world.
- When: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Where: Royal BC Museum, 675 Belleville Street
Join hundreds of students and youth from across Victoria for a rally on sustainability on the lawns of the Legislature.
“We wish for the seriousness of the climate emergency to be at the forefront of our collective attention, so that we can be at the forefront of a global transformation towards a sustainable world,” reads the event.
- When: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Where: British Columbia Parliament Buildings, 501 Belleville Street
With kids home from school today, why not use up a little energy at the pool and rink?
Besides swimming and skating, there will be music, games, and prizes, all for the price of a toonie.
- When: 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Panorama Recreation, 1885 Forest Park Drive
Check out a gallery full exciting pieces made using a range of techniques, like acrylic, watercolour, glass bead, and more.
There will also be a chance to chat with the local artists whose work is on display.
- When: 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Where: Coast Collective, 318 Wale Road
Check out the Victoria Event Centre tonight for a 90’s night featuring a bar, video games (atari flashback, nes, snes, snes classic, n64), foosball, ping pong, and more!
Tonight also has an added Barbie twist: dress up in pink or as your favourite career or hobby.
- When: 8:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m.
- Where: Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad Street