On the agenda today is a community event at James Bay, a fashionable charity night, an anime convention, and more!
To help start your weekend right, here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria today.
James Bay Window Wanderland
If you’re looking to take an evening stroll there’s no better place to walk than in James Bay tonight!
Window Wanderland is a community event where residents decorate and light up their windows for people walking by. There’s an online map of which houses are participating, and if you live in the area it’s not too late to sign up!
- When: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Where: James Bay area
Handbags for Hope
Grab yourself a cocktail and possibly a new handbag at this charitable event held at the Empress Hotel!
Browse a collection of brand new and gently used handbags, scarves, and jewelry all in support of Childhood Cancer and the BC Children’s Hospital. There will also be entertainment and a silent auction!
- When: 9:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Where: The Fairmont Empress, 721 Government Street
Victoria Boat & Fishing Show
Victoria’s Boat & Fishing Show has returned for 2019, and it’s the largest one yet!
The arena will be jam packed full of new exhibitors, boats, fishing products, displays, and more! If you can’t make it today, the show will also be on all weekend.
- When: 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Where: Eagle Ridge Centre, 1089 Langford Parkway
Neon Lights Nights
Head to Flying Squirrel for for a colourful late-night jump party!
Wear your most fluorescent clothing and jump to the hottest tracks played by a live DJ.
- When: 9:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Where: Flying Squirrel Victoria, 808 Viewfield Road
Today’s the first day of Victoria’s annual anime convention!
Join other anime fans for voice actor panels, cosplay competitions, talent shows, and games!
- When: 4:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Where: UVic – Engineering & Computer Science Building, 3800 Finnerty Road