(Photo by Anna-Theresa Bates/Facebook)

A fire outside the Saanich Staples store was quickly put out by staff inside the building after a passerby alerted them to it.

Anna-Theresa Bates was driving by with her husband when they saw the fire, called 911 right away and notified Staples staff of the blaze.

Reports say that two male employees promptly grabbed a fire extinguisher and stopped the fire from spreading before firefighters arrived on site.

Saanich Fire Department says the case has officially been handed over to the police.

The fire outside Staples was just one of several that were sparked in the area on Friday night.

Victoria Buzz has reached out to Saanich Police for further information.

Facebook Conversations


Hey, Victoria! Subscribe to Victoria Buzz’s Newsletter today - and get this story and more like it delivered directly to your inbox.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here