Grab a girlfriend and your tickets, because the Victoria Women’s Expo is back for another year and promises not to disappoint!
Pearkes Recreation Center will be transformed into a mecca for all things lady-related on the weekend of March 2 and 3, and after last year’s bash, we can’t wait to see what this one has in store.
The Expo is featuring a seriously wide variety of exhibitors – from cosmetics and jewelry, to coffee and tea, to fitness and even financial advice, there really is a little something for everyone!
There is also a huge list of speakers on the docket, sure to inspire and motivate you – we’ve listed just a few of our must-sees below:
- Michelle Rogers of BodyPosiPower – Michelle is a 21 year old blogger, activist, and plus size model. She is BC born and raised and started her instagram/blog “BodyPosiPower” back in 2016. Since then, she’s been featured in outlets such as the TODAY show, Yahoo, FabUplus Magazine, and more. She will be a guest speaker on Saturday, March 2 from 1:40 p.m. to 2:20 p.m. on stage.
- Dr. Rachel Lovink – Dr. Lovink is a licensed naturopathic doctor with a clinical focus on female hormonal imbalances & gastrointestinal disorders. She focuses on finding the root cause of your symptoms and using non-invasive, evidence-informed treatments to guide you back towards your optimal health.
- Kristin Greffard – Kristin of Sheepdog Self Protection is a law enforcement officer and defense tactics instructor. She specializes in the area of reality based training. She will be holding two talks, the first being Online Dating Safety: The Dos, the Don’ts, and the Nevers of Online Dating, happening Saturday, March 2, 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., and the second titled Women’s Safety: Self Protection, happening Sunday, March 3, 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Kali Moon – Women and the Moon: maybe you’ve heard the hype, maybe it’s new to you. But somewhere, deep inside, there is a resonance. A truth. A knowing. A calling. Join Kali Moon, owner of Medicine Nest, Victoria’s home of holistic healing and sacred gathering, for a brief introduction on the reason behind the hype around the lunar cycles and women’s gatherings. You will leave this talk knowing how to be best prepared for the New Moon in Pisces this upcoming Wednesday March 6!
- Hardstyle Kettle Bell – This presentation will be on how training with the Kettlebell can increase your strength and bone density, relieve stress and burn body fat, as well as improve your posture.
One-day tickets range from $6 for senior/student/military to $8 for general admission (and entrance is free for kids 12 and under).
Or, if you’d like to stick around for both days, grab a weekend pass for $12!
If those affordable prices aren’t incentive enough, the first 100 people through the door each day will receive free swag bags!
View this post on Instagram
🤗👩🏼💻🌷🙏🏼 "If you want to be happy, you have to be happy on purpose. When you wake up, you can't just wait to see what kind of day you'll have. You have to be the one to decide what kind of day you'll have." – Choose happiness every day, as if your life depended on it….because, it does.👊🏼 #FriYAY 💐 📸 @hustleandheartbox
- When: Saturday, March 2 – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, March 3 – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: Pearkes Recreation Centre, 3100 Tillicum Road
- Tickets: $8 for general admission for one day, $12 for weekend pass and can be purchased online here