Get your week started off right with these five things to do in Victoria today, Monday, March 4th.
Kick start the week with a cozy movie night and chance to see local women’s crafts and clothing on display!
Explore pop up shops featuring vintage clothing, crafts and art by local women-run businesses and social justice groups, and enjoy the screening of Hidden Figures, the Academy Award nominated film about a group of female African-American mathematicians who served a vital role in NASA during the US’s early space program.
Seating will be available but feel free to bring lawn chairs, cozy blankets, and to wear a onesie!
- When: 6:00 p.m. to 11 p.m. (Pop-up shops at 6 p.m., movie begins at 7:15 p.m.)
- Where: The Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad Street
Isos Hair Salon is hosting a fundraiser (Cuts For A Cause) in support of The Victoria Humane Society. All haircuts will be by donation (animal food & supplies also welcome) during regular salon hours and all proceeds go to the Victoria Humane Society.
- When: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where: Isos, 1530 Pandora Avenue
Mondays are the loveliest day of the week, if you’re into pierogis and comedy! Head to Sült Pierogi Bar and enjoy some great cocktails and awesome food while you watch open mic comedy! They’ve got a very exciting feature act this week, the universally beloved kimchi-enthusiast: Ryan Bangma!
- When: 7:30 p.m.
- Where: SüLT Pierogi Bar, 609 Yates Street
- When: 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Where: University of Victoria, 3800 Finnerty Road Campus maps, buildings and directions
- When: 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Where:University of Victoria Students’ Society (UVSS), Student Union Building 3800 Finnerty Road