International Women’s Day is coming up on March 8th, and there are several exciting events here in Victoria occurring early this month in its honour.
If you’re wondering how to celebrate, we’ve got you covered!
This fun annual event is coming back to Victoria, and we can’t think of a better way to spend the weekend before Women’s Day than to indulge in some serious gal-pal time and celebrate all things lady!
- When: March 2-3rd, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Where: Pearkes Recreation Centre, 3100 Tillicum Road
- Admission: Tickets will cost up to $12. Early birds get $1.50 off if they buy tickets before March 2nd. You can purchase tickets here.
Come and bring your unused boxes of tampons and pads to help fill up a whole BC Transit Bus. All of the donations will go to United Way Charities to support women who are homeless or living in poverty and may have difficulty accessing hygiene necessities.
- When: Saturday, March 2, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Where: Northeast Parking lot of Hillside Centre, 1644 Hillside Ave
- Admission: Free! Just bring some unused pads and tampons.
Check out their website for more information here.
While hosted in Nanaimo, this is a fun event you don’t want to miss! Join them for a lively afternoon tea and celebrate the day with several featured guest speakers.
- When: Sunday, March 3rd, 2 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Where: The Grand Hotel, 4898 Rutherford Road
- Admission: $30
You can RSVP by emailing [email protected].
The Bridges for Women Society is holding their 9th annual International Women’s Day luncheon in downtown Victoria again this year. Food and drinks will be provided and several guest keynote speakers will be in attendance.
- When: Friday, March 8, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Where: The Union Club of British Columbia, 805 Gordon Street
- Admission: Tickets start at $75. You can purchase tickets here.
To support equal opportunities for female filmmakers and help share women’s stories, The Zonta Club of Victoria is holding a fun movie festival in downtown Victoria for the first time. Note: This event is 19+ only
- When: Saturday March 9, 7:00–10:00 PM
- Where: The Vic Theatre, 808 Douglas Street
- Admission: $18. You can purchase tickets here.
Did we miss any Women’s Day-related events? Comment below to let us know!