(Photo by Lori Prophet/Facebook)

Victoria fire crews have extinguished a large brush fire that broke out off of Dallas Road and Cook St on Saturday afternoon.

The fire, which authorities say was started accidentally, spread at around 1 p.m. on March 16th.

Crews say the blaze was started by a woman who was attempting to ignite a beach fire, but quickly tried to put it out when it got out of control.

She was taken to the hospital with minor injuries after suffering burns on her head.

The public is reminded that beach fires are banned in the City of Victoria, and with warm, dry weather coming up soon, it takes very little for a campfire to get out of hand.

(Photo by Lori Prophet/Facebook)
(Photo by Lori Prophet/Facebook)
(Photo by Lori Prophet/Facebook)

Facebook Conversations


Hey, Victoria! Subscribe to Victoria Buzz’s Newsletter today - and get this story and more like it delivered directly to your inbox.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here