Celebrate the inspiring and talented female athletes of lower Vancouver Island at the 2nd annual Female Soccer Day tomorrow.
For the second year in a row, Prospect Lake Soccer Club is hosting and entire day of workshops and showcases designed to acknowledge and encourage female participation in soccer.
This FREE event will feature the UVic Vikes Women’s team and several adult female players from Prospect Lake Soccer Club hosting various coaching courses and skills clinics from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday, March 31st.
Female athletes of all ages are invited to register for this event, and may even get a chance to meet players from Vancouver Island FC – Victoria’s new Women’s Premier Soccer League team.
Plus, there will be prizes and giveaways happening throughout the day! All participants will also receive a free t-shirt and BBQ lunch.
Here’s the rundown of activities at Female Soccer Day:
- 9am–4pm Fundamentals Coaching Course at PLSC Clubhouse, Layritz
- 11:30am–12:30pm Goalie Skills Clinic at Layrtiz turf with the UVic Vikes and PLSC Mentor coaches
- 12pm-3pm BBQ Lunch for participants
- 1pm–2pm U5-U12 Skills Sessions at Layritz turf with the UVic Vikes and PLSC Mentor coaches
- 2:30pm-3:30pm U13 – U18 Skills Sessions at Layritz turf with the UVic Vikes and PLSC Mentor coaches
- 4pm–6pm Vancouver Island Wave Game at Layrtiz turf
- When: Sunday, March 31st, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Where: Prospect Lake Soccer Club, 323 Prospect Lake Rd
- Admission: FREE. Click here to register.