BC Hydro is reporting several power outages affecting nearly 6,000 customers on southern Vancouver Island due to adverse weather conditions.
See also: BC Ferries cancels several sailings due to strong winds Saturday morning
As of approximately 12:30 p.m. on Saturday afternoon, there are 11 power outages on the lower island affecting thousands of people.
Here’s a breakdown of some of the major outages:
- Colwood: 814 affected since 8:51 a.m. – South of Wishart Rd, East of Rockwood Tce, North of Metchosin Rd. Caused by a tree down across hydro wires.
- Colwood/Langford: 1,887 affected since 9:26 a.m. – East of Sewell Rd, North of Citadel Pl, South of Pickford Rd, West of Metchosin Rd.
- Colwood/Langford/Metchosin: 729 affected since 9:31 a.m. – East of Glen Forest Way, South of Road B Rd, West of Albert Head Rd.
- Highlands/Langford/Saanich/View Royal: 578 affected since 10 a.m. – North of Taylor Way, West of Woodridge Pl, East of Aspen Rd, South of Ross Durrance Rd.
- Highlands/Saanich/View Royal: 710 affected since 10:43 a.m. – West of Pipeline Rd, South of Fairhome Rd, North of Hastings St, East of Woodridge Pl.
- North Saanich/Sidney: 1,188 since 10:15 a.m. – North of Bazan Bay Rd.
An outage is affecting 1600 customers in #Colwood #Langford area and crews will be responding. Updates: https://t.co/FyOQg7WXHd pic.twitter.com/r55P8cq8sf
— BC Hydro (@bchydro) April 6, 2019
Follow BC Hydro on Twitter or visit their website for updates.