Two of Victoria’s main health care facilities have been ranked among the top 15 hospitals in the country, according to a report by Newsweek.
One of the main benchmarks by which to measure the level of advancement in a society is the quality of healthcare offered to its constituents.
In order to capture the importance of hospitals and the role they play in communities across Canada, Newsweek partnered with Statistica Inc. and developed a ranking of the best hospitals in the country.
- Island Health confirms free public Wi-Fi in two major Victoria hospitals
- Victoria Hospitals Foundation campaign to raise $3.2 million for new cardiac equipment
- No Baby Unhugged: Victoria General Hospital Launches Baby Hugging Program!
- Online survey taking hospital recommendations from thousands doctors, health care professionals, and hospital managers,
- Survey of patient satisfaction with hospitalization, and
- Medical performance indicators (like data on quality of treatment, hygiene measures, etc.)
The ranking of Canadian hospitals was undertaken as part of a larger global study in which tens of thousands of medical professionals and patients from 11 countries were surveyed between October 2018 and January 2019.
Click here to read a description of the methodology of this study.