The weekend is here, Victoria!
There’s plenty to do this Saturday and Sunday, like orchestral renditions of legendary rock songs, Vancouver Island’s largest and nearly 60-year-old science fair, fun painting nights, and more.
Just make sure you’re prepared for some serious wind when you head out on Saturday!
Clear your schedule for this weekend and check out these 15 things to do in and around Victoria.
Events on Saturday
Come experience the music of one of the most prolific rock bands rock bands of our time – with a symphony flare!
Join the Victoria Symphony at the Royal Theatre tonight for their presentation of ‘The Best of Queen’, combining the sounds of an orchestra with the iconic rock notes of the legendary artists.
- When: 8:00 p.m.
- Where: The Royal Theatre, 805 Broughton Street
Come enjoy a fun and educational night of painting with art instructor Jack Umbra.
The class will go through step-by-step techniques to create your own beautiful original painting. All materials are provided and no painting experience is necessary, just make sure to register!
- When: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Where: 330 Quebec Street
Come support the Royals as they battle it out in game 2 of the second round series against the Giant’s in Vancouver. The Giants shutout the Royals in game 1 last night and lead the series 1-0.
Fans can watch a live stream of the game at Shark Club Sports Bar & Grill or at home from the WHL website.
- When: 7:00 p.m.
- Where: Shark Club Sports Bar & Grill, 2852 Douglas Street
Do you have items laying around your home in disrepair? Thinking of throwing them out? Try taking them to Repair Cafe instead!
The Repair Cafe is a community get together where people help and get help repairing their broken household items. The event is free but donations are accepted!
- When: 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Where: Fairfield Community Place, 1330 Fairfield Rd
Join Ashley Cooper and the Compost Education Centre for an exploration of the native plants that grow in the area and their traditional uses.
The walk will include discussons on how to implement Victoria’s agricultural system with traditional foods from native ecosystems.
- When: 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Where: Compost Education Centre, 1216 North Park Street
Come ring in the 10 year annicersary of Victoria’s Manscape Spa!
During the day there will be an open house with food, drinks, and new products from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and evening party from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.! All are welcome but make sure to RSVP for the party.
- When: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. & 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Where: Manscape Spa, 748 Douglas Street
Now’s your chance to chat with City of Victoria staff about the newest cycling and pedestrian upgrades coming to Vancouver Street, Harbour Road, and the Hillside/Quadra connection.
- When: 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Where: Victoria City Hall, 1 Centennial Square
If you’re a fan of hockey or some fun recreational exercise head down to the Downtown Community Centre for a game or two of free floor hockey!
All equipment is provided. You must be 19 years of age or older to play.
- When: 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Downtown Community Centre, 755 Pandora Avenue
Come help new Victorians settle into the city at this open house for new immigrants and international students!
This is a great event to help mingle with a diverse group of people, have questions answered, and support the community.
- When: 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Where: Saanich Commonwealth Recreation Centre, 4636 Elk Lake Drive
Come peruse over 15,000 gently-used toys and items at this massive community spring sale!
The event runs on both Saturday and Sunday. Admission is free, but you can purchase VIP pre-sale tickets for Saturday or large donation bag tickets for Sunday.
– Saturday, Public Sale 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
– Sunday, 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
– Presale schedule online here
- Where: City Centre Parkway, 1089 Langford Parkway
Events on Sunday
How do you prepare an apple so it doesn’t brown? Are dogs right-pawed or left-pawed? Can mushrooms help remove oil from contaminated sites?
These are just some of the questions that will be answered at this year’s Vancouver Island Regional Science Fair. Over two hundred young scientists from across the island will showcase their work, and select winners will bring their projects to the Canada-Wide Science Fair in May.
- When: 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Where: UVic – Elliot Lecture Wing, 3800 Finnerty Road
Start your Sunday at the Church of the Treasured Find. The Vic Flea is the Sunday morning hangout for local buyers and sellers of all things rare and desirable. Find vintage, repurposed, refreshed and handmade treasures for house and garden. Come check out the treasures that draw the crowds every week and talk with the old timers about local history and other weird stuff.
- When: 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Where: 411 Gorge Road East
Four UVic undergraduate journals are congering on the Victoria Event Centre for a night of work showcasing and celebration.
This all-ages event includes work from The Corvette (History), On Politics (Political Science), PLVS VTRA (Italian and Hispanic Studies), and Sophia (Philosophy). Refreshments and food will be provided.
- When: 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad Street
Join South Island SUP for their last stand up paddle boarding race of the season!
The timed race (or casual tour if you decide not to partake) will launch from Gonzales Beach with a planned meet up at Ross Bay Pub after the route is complete.
- When: 9:30 a.m.
- Where: Gonzales Beach, Victoria
Enjoy a beautifully orchestrated evening of Drag Performances starring local Victoria Drag Queens, Kings, and Things.
Expect some gag-worthy performances as these shows are uncensored, un-moderated, and tons of fun. You never know what you’re going to see!
- When: Doors open at 10 p.m., Show starts at 11:30 p.m.
- Where: Paparazzi Night Club, 642 Johnson Street
Learn how to use Polymer Clay, a versatile and fun medium for all ages, at this hands on class!
The lesson will go over the basics uses and applications of polymer clay, and by the end of the day you’ll have created your very own dragon. Space is limited so don’t forget to register!
- When: 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Where: West Coast Creative Spirits, 688 Granderson Street