Happy Thursday, Victoria!
There’s plenty to do in the city today before the long weekend kicks off, like local farmer and vendor markets, drag shows, comedy, and more.
Jump start your May long weekend with these 5 things to do in and around Victoria today.
Come check out Victoria’s thriving comedy scene at Saint Franks tonight!
The funniest local comics will be on display tonight, featuring Steve McMath.
- When: Doors open at 7:00 p.m., Show runs 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Where: Saint Franks, 1320 Broad Street
Bastion Square Market Days is back in Victoria for the season!
This little market is filled with local vendors and is the perfect spot to pick up something truly unique.
- When: 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Where: Bastion Square Public Markets
Head down to Logan’s Pub for a dangerously fun Death by Drag. The show features local LGBTQ+ artists and is hosted by Occult sisters Henrietta Dubét and Ada Rawl.
- When: Doors open at 8:00 p.m, Show starts at 9:00 p.m.
- Where: Logan’s Pub, 1821 Cook Street
With the weather heating up its time to check out Esquimalt’s huge outdoor Farmer’s Market! The market helps support local growers and producers who use environmentally sound farming practices and helps build connections within the community. And of course, the food is tasty, local, and fresh!
- When: 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Memorial Park, 1230 Esquimalt Road
Join Dr. Nikolai Gruber at the Royal BC Museum for an educational night on the development of the Maya from 1000 BCE until today and how new research has changed our understanding of Maya civilization.
This talk also includes an exclusive pre-opening access to the Maya: The Great Jaguar Rises exhibit.
- When: 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Where: The Royal BC Museum, 675 Belleville Street