In case you’ve ever wondered what it’d be like to combine cardio and day drinking…
The annual Canada Beer Run is coming to Victoria next month, on Sunday, June 16th. Now you can drink beer and get some exercise at the same time without any judgement!
- These 13 Vancouver Island Breweries will be at this year’s Vancouver Craft Beer Week
- Victoria’s 23rd annual Gutsy Walk to support Crohn’s disease research is happening this Sunday
- Here’s how you can participate in the annual Kidney Walk Victoria happening in June
Since 2015, The Canada Beer Run has been organized in several different cities across the country, including Vancouver and Toronto.
This year, the organizers will donate $5 from each individual’s registration fee to the Canadian Mental Health Association.
The 12K run will start at the 4 Mile Brewing Co. at 199 Island Highway, followed by 5 stops:
- Category 12 Brewing, 2200 Keating Cross Road
- Red Arrow, 5255 Chaster Road
- Spinnakers BrewPub, 308 Catherine Street
- Vancouver Island Brewing, 2330 Government Street
- Final stop (and the finish line), Lighthouse Brewing Co., 839 Devonshire Road
You can register for one of the 4 different ‘waves’ of running groups.
Plus all event attendees will receive a bunch of swag, including a free t-shirt and race bib, and a finisher’s medal.
Once you’ve registered, you can pick up your t-shirt and race bib at Category 12 Brewing on Saturday, June 15th between from 1:00 and 4:00 p.m.
- When: June 16th, 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Where: Start location – 4 Mile Brewing Co., 199 Island Highway
End location- Lighthouse Brewing Co., 836 Devonshire Rd
- Admission: This event costs $66.49 per person. Click here to register.
For those who wish to volunteer instead, you can sign up at this link.
Note: This event is for 19+ only. Please drink (and run) responsibly!