Ever wondered what it’s like to sit in the driver’s seat of a big fire truck? How about a cement truck?
Bring your friends and family over to the 8th annual Touch a Truck to have that experience first hand!
- WIN the chance to rappel down a 160 ft building with a Victoria Buzz reporter this month (CONTEST)
- Local church launches GoFundMe campaign for people displaced by deadly Esquimalt fire
- Here’s why you might see a BC Transit bus full of menstrual products this weekend
Touch a Truck is an annual fundraiser event hosted by Team 4 Hope that benefits paediatric research in B.C.
Kids can get behind the wheel of all kinds of vehicles, from fire trucks, police cars, and ambulances to excavators, dump trucks, and cement trucks.
Team 4 Hope is dedicated to raising awareness of Neuroblastoma, the most common type of cancer to occur in infancy. Around 70 children in Canada are diagnosed with Neuroblastoma each year, and it’s the most common tumour found in children younger than one year of age.
Over the past 7 years, this event has raised more than $86,000 to support critical neuroblastoma research in BC.
This year’s Touch a Truck also includes a BBQ, face painting, a bouncy castle, family activities and the Coast Capital 1K Family Fun Run.
Event day schedule
- 11:00 am – Touch a Truck gates open & activities begin
- 12:45 pm – Runners and walkers gather at the start line
- 1:00 pm – Coast Capital 1K Family Fun Run starts
- 1:30 pm – Prizes in Coast Capital Savings Finish Line Lounge
- 3:00 pm – Event concludes
- When: Sunday, May 26th, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Where: Panorama Recreation, 1885 Forest Park Drive
- Admission: $15 per family in advance or $20 at the door. Individual admission available at the door for $10 per person or online for $11. Click here to purchase tickets online.