BC Ferries’ annual “Sunrise and Sunset Savings” deal begins next week, bringing big discounts to over 1,600 early morning and late evening sailings this summer.
From May 16th to September 4th, drivers travelling on a ferry in a regular vehicle will see their fares drop from the usual $74.70 to just $49.00 (or $69 on select days).
- Here’s how you could own one of BC Ferries’ retiring vessels
- BC Ferries sets preliminary fare price cap for the next 5 years
- BC Ferries is adding 2,700 sailings to 10 coastal communities
The deal applies to three major routes on Vancouver Island plus one from Vancouver to the Sunshine coast:
- Victoria – Metro Vancouver (Swartz Bay – Tsawwassen)
- Nanaimo – Metro Vancouver (Duke Point – Tsawwassen)
- Nanaimo – West Vancouver (Departure Bay – Horseshoe Bay)
- West Vancouver – Sunshine Coast (Horseshoe Bay – Langdale)
The “Sunrise and Sunset Savings” promotion runs in the early morning and late evening to help shift ridership into off-peak sailings during the busy summer season.
Reservations are not required to use the deal but are recommended by BC Ferries, as it runs on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Details on the promotion can be found online here.