Next month, get ready to have your funny bones tickled for a good cause!
Hecklers Bar & Grill is hosting a special comedy show as a fundraiser for a kidney disease awareness walk from Kananaskis, AB to Calgary, in which co-owner Aaron McGeough will participate later this year.
- National CBC comedy contest winner is hosting a show in Victoria tomorrow
- 8th annual Touch a Truck event is happening in North Saanich this Sunday
The 100 KM Kidney Walk will happen from September 6 to 8, and this is their 10th annual march (with an average of between 250-300 people participating each year). So far, about $267,000 has been raised this year for the march.
This cause is quite close to McGeough’s heart since kidney disease and related medical conditions have affected multiple members of his family.
All proceeds raised through this event will go to the walk, while proceeds from the walk itself will support research, services, and programs dedicated towards prevention of kidney disease, and promoting well-being among those affected by kidney disease.
Canadian comedian Rob Pue will be headlining this special night, so come and laugh as much you want!
- When: Friday, June 7th, 8 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Where: Hecklers Bar & Grill, 123 Gorge Rd E.
- Admission: $20. Click here to purchase tickets.