You heard it here first!
If you’ve ever wondered how to pick a good wine while standing in front of a vast selection of the beverage at a liquor store, this is your chance to learn and explore the world of Wine.
The 6th annual Victoria Wine Festival has officially launched ticket sales as of Tuesday, May 21st, along with an announcement of the theme and schedule for this popular annual event.
This year the festival will feature Wines of Argentina, with an exclusive section of 20 different wines from the region for you to sample.
View this post on Instagram
[swipe right] These are some pics of the great experience we lived some days ago: #MSinARGENTINA – Seminar10. “EXPLORING THE WINES OF SAN JUAN and PRECORDILLERA” by José Morales, Sebastián Zuccardi & Santiago Achával. . . #Argentina #sanjuan #cuyo #precordillera #mendoza #losandes #perdernal #ullum #calingasta #sj #cuyoregion
The three-day event runs from September 19th to 21st, and offers a VIP party, several seminars, and afternoon and evening tastings on Friday and Saturday.
Here’s the full schedule
Thursday, September 19th:
- VIP Bubbles Bash
1.5 hour tasting of sparkling wine, plus appetizers
Friday, September 20th
- Evening Tasting Session: 7 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Women & Wine seminar: 5:30 p.m. This seminar highlights the role of women in the wine industry in British Columbia and abroad. All proceeds from this event will be donated to a local women’s shelter.
Saturday, September 21st
- Bubbles & Cheese seminar: 1:30 p.m. Learn how to pair sparkling wine and cheese.
- Afternoon Tasting Session: 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Wines of Argentina seminar: 5:30 p.m. A seminar featuring an exclusive selection of Argentinian wines.
- Evening Grand Tasting Session: 7 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Overall, the 3-day event features over 300 wines from 11+ countries including more unfamiliar places like Romania and Czech Republic.
One of the special features of this year’s Wine Festival is “the Islands” section – an original segment that highlights multiple local wineries from the Gulf Islands and Vancouver Island.
To make this possible, the organizers of the Wine Festival sent sommeliers to various small wineries in the region to sample and bring their wines to the annual event.
Tickets to the Wine Festival have sold out well in advance in prior years, so we advise you grab yours ASAP!
- When: September 19th – 21st
- Where: Parkside Hotel & Spa, 810 Humboldt St
- Admission: Tickets range from $40 – $200. Click here to purchase.