If you’ve been trying to get regular tickets to the tasting sessions at the Victoria Cheese and Meat Festival next week, you’re out of luck – they’ve sold out already.
BUT we’re here to let you in on an even better deal.
This annual event showcases some of the best local and international cheeses, meats, and drinks to pair them with, and this year, they’ve got some new tricks up their sleeve.
The organizers of the Cheese and Meat Festival have teamed up with Whole Foods Market to bring patrons a specialty Olive and Antipasto Bar as well as two seminars that will take place in an actual train car!
Find out how to pair the unlikely combo of chocolate, cheese, and beer to make them come together in a gastronomic symphony.
Or pull up a chair at the Farm to Table seminar which features the growth and movement of local produce.
Both seminars will showcase 6-8 products paired with beverages, bringing you over 12 samples for the price of one $35 ticket.
All proceeds from the seminars will be given to the Growing Chefs program, in partnership with the Island Chefs’ Collaborative. Growing Chefs aims to educate children about how to grow and cook their own food.
Tickets to both seminars as well as VIP tickets to this one-day event are still available for the time-being, so scoop them up while you can!
** Contest now CLOSED. Congratulations to Celina Alexis! **
One lucky winner reading this post will be walking away with two VIP tickets to the Cheese and Meat Festival AND a $75 gift card to Whole Food Market – a prize package worth $235.
Here’s what you need to do to enter:
- LIKE Cheese and Meat Festival on Facebook and comment below to let us know. (1 entry)
- FOLLOW Whole Foods Market on Instagram and comment below to let us know. (1 entry)
- COMMENT below and tell us which seminar you’d love to attend at the Cheese and Meat Festival. (1 entry)
The winner will be drawn on Wednesday, May 8th.
- When: Saturday, May 11th, 3 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Where: Roundhouse at Bayview Place, 253 Esquimalt Rd
- Admission: Tickets for either seminar are $35, and VIP tickets are $75. Click here to purchase.