Welcome to the weekend, Victoria!
There’s plenty of fun things to check out this weekend, including 6 different local festivals, Dîner en Blanc, sporting events, outdoor movies, and so much more.
Without further ado, here are 15 things to do in and around Victoria this weekend
The infamous Dîner en Blanc is returning to Victoria this year!
The concept of Dîner en Blanc originated in France, and if you’re unfamiliar with its premise, it’s a dinner party that takes place at a different location around town every year – a location that is disclosed to participants at the last minute – where guests where an all- white outfit.
- When: Saturday, 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Where: Undisclosed location
- Admission: Click here to register for the invite list.
You know summer is almost here when all of Vancouver Island’s most coveted music festivals arrives!
This year’s Ska & Reggae Fest includes all-ages performances at the Inner Harbour this weekend, plus evening 19+ shows at various venues across the city.
- When: Saturday, June 22nd | Sunday, June 23rd
- Where: Ship Point (Inner Harbour), Distrikt Night Club, Capital Ballroom, and Lucky Bar
- Admission: $149.50 for regular full festival pass. Single show tickets and VIP passes are available. Click here to purchase.
The Oak Bay Firefighters Chartible Foundation’s 4th annual Sausage Fest is returning this year!
Head down to Willows Beach for live music, a beer garden, food and beverage vendors, and over 2,000 sausages from local butchers all in support of firefighters. For kids, there will also be a bouncy castle, face painting, and more. Admission is by donation.
- When: Saturday, 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Where: Willows Beach, Esplanade
Vancouver Island’s 10th annual amateur sports & entertainment festival has returned!
Head down to Topaz Park for one of the largest and most unique sporting events in Victoria, featuring games like bocce ball, touch football, co-oed slow pitch baseball, and more. Visitors can also expect a Beer Garden, DJs, a BBQ, a range of on-site vendors, and more.
- When: Saturday, June 22nd & Sunday, June 23rd | All day
- Where: Topaz Park, Topaz Avenue & Finlayson Street
For the second year in a row, the Victoria Pride Society is hosting a free Pride month kick-off event just for young people.
The Youth Pride Kickoff Party invites all LGBTQ2+ and Ally youth to join them in the main Fairfield Recreation Centre building to celebrate the beginning of Pride month with music, food and beverages, clothing swap, craft tables a drag makeup workshop and more!
- When: Saturday, 7:00 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Where: Fairfield Recreation Centre, 1330 Fairfield Rd
- Admission: FREE!
Note: This event is for youth 18 and under.
Victoria environmental group Rise & Resist is holding an anti-TransMountain pipeline protest today.
The group is invited the community to join their protest, which will begin in Centennial Square and march all the way up to Island View Beach.
- When: Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Where: Centennial Square
It’s time to ring in the summer solstice and the changing of the seasons with Victoria’s 24th annual FernFest!
For its 23rd year, the festival promises to bring groovy tunes from live musicians, delicious local food and drinks, an artisan market, theater performances, magic, kid’s zones, walking tours, and so much more.
- When: Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Where: Fernwood Square, 1291 Gladstone Avenue | Victoria High School, 1260 Grant Street
Victoria’s annual Indigenous Peoples Day continues today!
Join the Songhees and Esquimalt Nations for three days of spectacular performances on an outdoor downtown stage, special art demonstrations, local Indigenous artisan vendors, and traditional Songhees Nation food. Best of all, admission is FREE! A full schedule of events can be found online here.
- When: Saturday, June 22nd, 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. | Sunday, June 23rd, 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Where: Royal BC Museum, 675 Belleville Street
Saanich Recreation and Roller Skate Victoria have teamed up to bring you a Queen (the band) themed Roller Disco night!
This family friendly event will feature 70s and 80s musical hits that will al be played from vinyl, including lots of Queen! There will also be prizes for best costumes!
- When: Saturday, 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Where: Pearkes Recreation Centre, 3100 Tillicum Road
Host Gouda Gabor invites all of Victoria’s Kings; Queens & Things to celebrate all things drag as they compete for the titles of MR & MISS/MX Gay Vancouver Island.
Head down to Paparazzi Nightclub and join a panel of community judges as performers vie for the titles, the crowns, and the big prizes.
- When: Saturday, Doors open at 8:00 p.m., Show begins at 9:00 p.m. to late.
- Where: Paparazzi Nightclub, 642 Johnson Street
Head down to Fort Rodd Hill for a classic movie night under the stars with the option to camp overnight!
The evening’s movie will be the classic Robin Williams film, Hook. Popcorn will be available but visitors should bring their own blankets and chairs. Don’t forget to reserve your spot online here!
- When: Saturday, 7:00 p.m. to Midnight
- Where: Fort Rodd Hill and Fisgard Lighthouse National Historic Sites, 603 Fort Rodd Hill Road
Don’t miss Vancouver Island’s professional soccer club, Pacific FC, take on Albert’s FC Edmonton!
The high-level competitive game will kick off at Langford’s Westhills Stadium!
- When: Sunday, 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Where: Westhills Stadium, 1089 Langford Parkway
Come celebrate the longest day of the year down at Canoe Brewpub’s beautiful outdoor patio!
Enjoy small bites and beer tasters accompanied by live music on the patio featuring Alexander Brendan Ferguson.
- When: Sunday, 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Where: Canoe Brewpub, 450 Swift Street
Victoria’s annual Negroni Inspired Cocktail Competition is returing to Victoria tonight!
Head down to Clive’s Classic Lounge for the cocktail-making competition, a Campri silent auction, and a special celebration in honour of the Negroni’s 100th anniversary!
- When: Sunday, Doors open at 5:00 p.m., Event begins at 6:00 p.m.
- Where: Clive’s Classic Lounge, 740 Burdett Avenue
The TD JazzFest will be holding FREE performances in Centennial Square all day!
Besides great live music, visitors can also expect food vendors, a beverage garden, and an ‘instrument petting zoo’ on site.
- When: Sunday, 12:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Where: Centennial Square