Negroni fans who need an excuse to indulge in their favourite sip are in luck: Negroni Week has returned to Victoria this week.
34 local restaurants and bars are participating in the seven-day celebration, which started on Monday and will run until June 30th.
The tasty event mixes the delicious Italian cocktail with the spirit of generosity as participating establishments must donate to a charity of their choice to be included in the international Negroni Week venue list.
First launched in 2013, Negroni Week has grown from an initial 120 participants to almost 10,000 venues worldwide and have collectively raised approximately $2 million for charitable causes.
A Negroni is an italian cocktail that is traditionally made with gin, vermouth rosso, and Campari, with an orange peel added as a garnish.
If you’re looking to take part in Negroni Week, here’s a complete list of locations in Victoria participating in no particular order:
- Pagliacci’s | 1011 Broad Street
- 10 Acres Bistro | 611 Courtney Street
- 10 Acres Commons | 620 Humboldt Street
- La Taqueria Pinche Taco Shop | 766 Fort Street
- Olo Restaurant | 509 Fisgard Street
- Cafe Mexico | 1425 Store Street
- The Churchill | 1140 Government Street
- Chorizo & Co. | 807 Fort Street
- The Flying Pig Victoria | 1245 Wharf Street
- Little Jumbo Restaurant and Bar | 506 Fort Street
- Fishook at Mermaid Wharf | 100 407 Swift Street
- Q at The Empress | 721 Government Street
- Garrick’s Head Pub | 1140 Government Street/69 Bastion Square
- Victoria Event Centre | 1415 Broad Street
- Pizzeria Prima Strada | 203 Cook Street
- Pizzeria Prima Strada | 1990 Fort Street
- Swans Brewery, Pub & Hotel | 506 Pandora Avenue
- Bodega | 1210 Broad Street
- Tapa Bar | 620 Trounce Alley
- Irish Times Pub | 1200 Government Street
- Nowhere *A Restaurant | #g4 1001 Douglas Street
- Hanks *A Restaurant | #g2a 1001 Douglas Street
- Canoe Brewpub | 450 Swift Street
- The Courtney Room | 619 Courtney Street
- Cenote Restaurant and Lounge | 768 Yates Street
- Sult Pierogi Bar | 609 Yates Street
- Poco | 616 Trounce Alley
- Vis-a-Vis | 2232 Oak Bay Avenue
- The Mint Restaurant | 1414 Douglas Street
- Hotel Rialto | 653 Pandora Avenue
- Bard & Banker | 1022 Government Street
- Sherwood Cafe & Bar | 710 Pandora Avenue
- Il Covo Trattoria | 106 Superior Street
- Clive’s Classic Lounge | 740 Burdett Avenue
With the event running just seven days, do you think you can visit all 34 places in one week?