Canada’s 152nd birthday is almost upon us, and we all know what that means: fireworks!
Several organizations around Victoria will be putting on spectacular fireworks displays this year, including shows in Sidney, Sooke, and of course, the downtown Inner Harbour.
To help you schedule your long weekend plans, here’s a guide to the 5 major fireworks displays happening in and around Victoria:
1. Butchart Gardens
Ring in Canada’s birthday at the beautiful Butchart Gardens and take in a dazzling fireworks show that features both aerial and ground displays, beautifully choreographed to show tunes. Click here to see their full summer fireworks schedule.
- When: Saturday, June 29th, 10:15 p.m.
- Where: Butchart Gardens, 800 Benvenuto Avenue
2. Victoria HarbourCats Fireworks
Take in a Victoria HarbourCats vs. Kelowna Falcons baseball game, followed by a lengthy fireworks display right on the outfield at Royal Athletic Park directly after the match!
The game is expected to run from 6:35 p.m. to 10:15 p.m., with the fireworks show launching right afterwards.
- When: Sunday, June 30th, after the ball game at 6:35 p.m.
- Where: Royal Athletic Park, 1014 Caledonia Avenue
3. Inner Harbour Fireworks Display
After celebrating Canada Day downtown with an exciting lineup of live music and family-friendly events, make sure to stick around for the spectacular annual fireworks display along the Inner Harbour!
- When: Monday, July 1st, 10:20 p.m.
- Where: Inner Harbour
4. Sidney Fireworks Extravaganza
Sidney’s annual fireworks extravaganza will kick off Canada Day celebrations that begins at 5 p.m.! The day will include food trucks, cultural performances, music, a formal opening ceremony, and more!
- When: Sunday, June 30th, 10:15 p.m.
- Where: Beacon Park, 9801 Seaport Place
5. Sooke River Fireworks
Head down to the Sooke River Campgrounds for a family-friendly event full of kids’ games, live music, inflatables, a magic show, karaoke, bingo, and more that ends in spectacular fireworks display!
- When: Monday, July 1st, 10:15 p.m.
- Where: Sooke River Campgrounds, 2259 Phillips Road