From intense art battles to guided bell tower tours, there’s something for everyone to do this Friday.
Kick start your weekend plans with these 5 things to do in and around Victoria today!
Head down to the Victoria Event Centre and watch as the top winning artists from past art battles step up to the easel and compete for city finals!
Audience members vote for their favourite artists, and winners from tonight will go on to compete in the national Art Battle championships in Toronto this July! You can also purchase the paintings made on stage after the show.
- When: 7:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad Street
Families with kids who love science should head down to the Victoria West Community Centre for a FREE day of exciting science experiences for children!
The deal will feature tons of hands-on science experiments hosted by Mad Science.
- When: 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Where: Victoria West Community Centre, 521 Craigflower Road
Now’s your chance to sip on delicious gin while watching a documentary on how’s it made on a downtown theatre’s massive screen!
The second day of Feast: Food & Film continues with two films screening tonight, ‘Gin: The Movie’, and ‘Brewmaster’.
- When: ‘Gin’ begins at 5:30 p.m., ‘Brewmaster’ begins at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: The Vic Theatre, 808 Douglas Street
Ever wanted a behind-the-scenes look at one of Victoria’s most renowned landmarks, the Christ Church Cathedral?
Now’s your chance because the cathedral is offering a new tour program of their massive bell tower! Climb the winding staircase of the tower and learn about the history of the bell, what certain chimes mean, and a demonstration of the ringing.
- When: 2:30 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Where: Christ Church Cathedral, 911 Quadra Street
The Breakwater Barge has returned with a brand new barge for the 2019 season!
Tonight’s live music headliners is the Hinterlands Party Band. Visitors can also expect the usual delicious local food trucks and drinks from Driftwood Brewery, Phillips Brewing & Malting Co., Hoyne Brewing Company & Artisan Wine Shop AWS.
- When: 5:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Where: The Breakwater Barge, 201 Dallas Road