From gourmet food in a movie theatre to a free historic Inner Harbour walking tour, here are five exciting things to do in and around Victoria today!
Come and enjoy delicious food and drinks with a side of film!
Starting today, for 3 days in June, munch on delicious local food while watching facsinating films about food! Two films will be screened tonight, ‘Nothing Fancy: Diana Kennedy’ followed by ‘Chef’s Diaries: Scotland’.
- When: First film begins at 5:30 p.m., second film begins at 7:45 p.m.
- Where: The Vic Theatre, 808 Douglas Street
Head down to Dylan’s Sports Bar & Grill for the funniest happy hour in the city!
The HaHaHappy Hour is a weekly comedy open mic night hosted by the hilarious Quincy Thomas and Elyott Ryan.
- When: 9:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Where: Dylan’s Sports Bar & Grill, 531 Yates Street
Now’s your chance to hear about the fascinating history of Victoria’s world famous Inner Harbour for FREE!
This educational walking door starts at the Downtown Community Centre before meandring through the harbour. Sponsored by the Maritime Museum of British Columbia.
- When: 12:40 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Where: Visitors should meet at the Downtown Community Centre, 755 Pandora Avenue
Treat yourself to something fancy and delicious with this special evening of Japanese spirits paired with E:Ne’s house specialty dishes!
The five course spirit and food pairing evening will be hosted by Matt Jones, World Whisky Brand Ambassador for Beam Suntory and E:Ne’s Chef Eric.
- When: 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Where: E:ne Raw Food and Sake Bar, 737 Pandora Avenue
Don’t miss your chance to see Canadian musician Murray McLauchlan at the McPherson Playhouse tonight!
McLauchlan is a singer/songwriter with a 45-year career who has 19 albums and 11 Juno awards to his name. He also an appointed member of The Order of Canada.
- When: 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Where: McPherson Playhouse, 3 Centennial Square