From local business workshops to free concerts in the park in support of mental health, here are 5 must-see things to attend in and around Victoria today.
Local business owners won’t want to miss this practical workshop on how to transition from running your own business to exiting it profitably that’s being hosted by Think Local Victoria!
The workshop focuses on a three-step process that can help entrepreneurs plan the future and direction of their businesses and is based on recent research conducted at Royal Roads University.
- When: 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Where: The Baumann Centre for Pacific Opera Victoria, 925 Balmoral Road
- Admission: Think Local First Members $25/person | Non-Think Local First Members: $35/person | Tickets available online here
Join the Friends of Music Society for a free day of music at Beacon Hill Park in support of mental health!
Visitors will hear live music by the society’s choirs, ukulele players, orchestra, and more. The concert is part of a 30th anniversary celebration for the Friends of Music Society, a non-profit organization that uses music as the basis for our partnership programs which promote rehabilitation and socialization for people with a mental illness.
- When: 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Where: The Cameron Bandshell at Beacon Hill Park, Chestnut Row
Get ready to laugh your tails off at this special comedy show where all the box office towards the BC SPCA!
Carla Collins is a Canadian comedian, actress, television host, and writer who regularly performs across North America. Her performance just on for one night, so if you’re interested don’t miss out!
- When: 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Where: The Royal Theatre, 805 Broughton Street
Head down to the Victoria Event Centre to hear a series of genuine, personal stories about experiences at this month’s theme, concerts!
Confabulation is an all-true storytelling series that takes places monthly in Victoria, Montreal, Toronto, and Victoria. Tonight, six people will be sharing their stories about lasting lyrics, rocking out, resolving discord—or just having the time of their life!
- When: 7:30 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.
- Where: The Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad Street
Victoria’s 20th annual Ska & Reggae Festival continues!
As per usual, there will be free all-ages live performances down at Ship Point starting in the afternoon and 19+ show, taking place today at Districkt Nightclub.