Happy Tuesday, Victoria!
On today’s agenda we have a bunch of awesome trivia to try, local art galleries to see, and more!
Without further ado here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria today, Tuesday, June 4th.
Head down to the McPherson Playhouse for the Victoria Children’s Choir final show of the 18th season!
In addition to the choir’s beautiful melodies, the concert will include visuals to create an “environmental musical” sponsored by the World Wildlife Fund.
- When: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Where: McPherson Playhouse, 3 Centennial Square
Don’t miss the first ever Trivia Night at Maude Hunters!
The classic pub is partnering with Sixty Watt Trivia to bring four rounds of random trivia fit for all skill levels! Prizes are awarded after each round and drink & food specials will be running all night!
- When: 8:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Where: Maude Hunter’s, 3810 Shelbourne Street
Head downtown to Flux gallery for their newest display of unique local art!
Wax and Wane is a melting pot of new experimental video and installation works from Victoria based artists Ffeaturing “frenzied sensoria, chemical transfiguration and analytic masturbation.”
- When: 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Where: MediaNet, 821 Fort Street
Don’t miss Gorgeous Cafe’s weekly acoustic open mic night!
The evening is hosted by Gorgeous co-owner and Italian singer extraordinaire, Gino Marrelli! Acoustic guitar available and keyboard can be set up by request.
- When: 9:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Where: Gorgeous Cafe, 300 Gorge Road West
It’s time for a hilarious quiz night at 5th Street Bar & Grill!
Unlike other trivia nights across the city, this brainy test is hosted by local comedian Dan Duvall who’ll keep the laughs coming while he tries to stump you with some creative questions. Best of all, it’s free!
- When: 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Where: 5th Street Bar & Grill, 1028 Hillside Avenue