Passengers travelling to and from Vancouver Island this summer can soon take advantage of BC Ferries’ annual sailing additions during peak travel season.
Starting Friday, June 21st, the company will add extra sailings to three major ferry routes on and off Vancouver Island.
Here are the changes you can expect:
Tsawwassen-Swartz Bay route
- 6 a.m. sailings Monday to Saturday, except statutory holidays
- Hourly sailings from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily
- Lots of late night sailings, including daily 9 p.m. sailings in both directions
- Midnight departures from Swartz Bay on June 28, August 2, 9, 16, 23 & 30
This route is the most popular in the fleet, with four vessels providing up to 34 sailings per day.
Horseshoe Bay-Departure Bay route
- 6:25 a.m. sailings in both directions daily
- Select 11:40 p.m. sailings departing Horseshoe Bay
Three ships will service this route, and deliver up to 24 sailings per day.
Tsawwassen-Duke Point route
Starting June 26th, two vessels will provide 16 sailings per day between 5:15 a.m. and 10:45 p.m., seven days per week until September 2nd.
There will also be additional sailings between Metro Vancouver and the Southern Gulf Islands to meet peak demands.