If you’re looking to head down to the lake this summer, you’re in luck!
BC Transit is adding more buses to four popular summer routes as part of their seasonal changes, including stops at Thetis Lake, Butchart Gardens, the ferry terminal, the downtown core, and more.
- Victoria students under 18 years old will be getting free BC Transit passes this fall
- BC Transit is adding smartphone fare payment feature to buses in Victoria
“Whether you’re planning on basking in the sun, heading to the ferry, or enjoying the garden flowers — hop on the bus and let us do the driving,” said the organisation in a release.
The four routes were selected for expansion to match the increased service demands that usually comes during this time of the year.
The four routes are:
- Route 53: Langford Exchange/Colwood Exchange to Thetis Lake
- Route 70: Additional weekend buses on the Swartz Bay/Downtown route to the ferry on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays
- Route 75 and 81: Increased service to Butchart Gardens from Royal Oak/Downtown/Saanichton and Swartz Bay/Butchart Gardens.
Meanwhile, BC Transit is advising riders that summer seasonal changes also mean reduced services to some routes that go to schools and post-secondary institutions. Regular bus schedules will return as usual in the fall.
With Canada Day just around the corner, routes in Victoria will also be operating on a Sunday-level of service with additional late-night busses on select routes on July 1st.
For more details on the services changes and scheduling you can visit BC Transit’s website online here.