Can you believe we’re already over halfway through July?!
Here are 13 things to do in and around Victoria this gorgeous weekend:
If you’re a fan of classic cars, especially Deuces, this year’s Northwest Deuce Days in the City of Langford is one you won’t want to miss out on!
Grab a lawn chair and check out the much-anticipated event which showcases approximately 500 pre-1952 collector vehicles and draws in thousands of spectators from all across North America.
- When: Saturday, July 20th – 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Where: Cars drive along Goldstream Avenue, which will be closed during this time.
Vancouver Island Brewing is hosting a one-of-a-kind event this Saturday, and with an afternoon full of live entertainment, great food and even better brews, it’s easy to see why it’s going to be the place to be this weekend.
- When: Saturday, July 20th – two sessions, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. or 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Where: Breakwater Barge, 201 Dallas Road
- Tickets: Available online for $10.00 (plus tax & fees), which includes your first drink and a $5.00 donation to the Pacific Salmon Foundation
At both their Sidney and Brentwood Bay locations, Fairway Markets is hosting all-day job fairs, where they’ll be holding interviews right on the spot.
Fairway is looking for enthusiastic individuals to join their teams – and a passion for food and working with people doesn’t hurt, either!
- When: Saturday, July 20th – 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (both locations)
- Brentwood Bay location – 7108 West Saanich Road
- Sidney location – 2531 Beacon Avenue
This Art Gallery of Greater Victoria community event is their largest fundraiser of the year (bringing over 30,000 people to Moss Street!) and offers something for everyone.
This unique art festival offers live entertainment, some incredible food vendors and hands-on activities for kids and adults alike – there’s much to enjoy!
- When: Saturday, July 20th
- 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. – Gallery Open
- 11 a.m. to 4 p.m – Art on Moss Street
- 11 a.m. 6 p.m. – Family-Friendly Beer Garden
- Where: Along Moss Street, from Fort St. to Dallas Road – as well as at the Gallery at 1040 Moss Street
Head over to Westhills Stadium this Saturday and cheer on the Pacific FC team as they battle the Halifax-based HFX Wanderers! And don’t forget, it’s Military Appreciation Day.
- When: Saturday, July 20th, 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. Gates open at 1 p.m.
- Where: Westhills Stadium, 1089 Langford Pkwy
Vegtoria Veg Fest returns to Victoria this summer as B.C.’s largest outdoor veg fest! This is the third annual event hosted by the Vancouver Island Vegan Association will be bringing you a plethora of vegan food, vendors, speakers and entertainment.
This is a free for all ages event.
- When: Saturday, July 20th, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Where: Centennial Square
RainCoast are hosting a fundraiser bottle drive so head over with all your bottle and can empties. They are raising money to help local rescue dogs along with helping with animals in need of vet care in our community.
They are also accepting new or gently used animals items such as harnesses, leashes, collars, beds, toys and other related items.
- When: Saturday, July 20th, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Where: Bosley’s Admirals Walk, 106-1497 Admirals Walk
A Celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the First Moon Landing! Replaying the first moon walk with live commentary by noted space historian Chris Gainor!
- When: Saturday, July 20th, 6 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Where: Dominion Astrophysical Observatory, 5071 West Saanich Rd
While Northwest Deuce days has been in full swing since thursday, the Big One car show is happening today!
Head down to Victoria’s Inner Harbour for a chance to view all of the decades-old collector vehicles and chat with their passionate owners.
- When: Sunday, July 21st, all day
- Where: Victoria Inner Harbour
Come celebrate swimming in the cleanest, warmest, and closest watering hole in Victoria: The Gorge Waterway. Food, music, button-making, and….swimming!
- When: Sunday, July 21st, 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Where: Banfield Dock
Victoria’s third annual FREE pedal-powered, mobile music festival rolls through Lekwungen Territory this Sunday!
This human-powered event requires audience members to pedal our stationary bicycles to power the music. The festival is completely free to attend, and everyone is welcome. A helmet will be passed around for donations to support the festival.
- When: Sunday, July 21st, 1 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Pioneer Square, Quadra St
Join Ross Bay Villa for a Victorian-era garden party! Transport yourself back to the early days of Canada as they celebrate their annual Confederation Day Garden Party at Ross Villa Historic House Museum.
Enjoy free entry and tours with Victorian costumed interpreters of the volunteer-restored and maintained 1865 historic house, as well as taking in live music under the heritage apple trees in their garden.
- When: Sunday, July 21st, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Where: Ross Bay Villa, 1490 Fairfield Rd
Join ‘Fired Up!’ for a magical night out with a HP theme. All guests will be able to choose from a selection of pottery to paint themed around the wizarding world as well as a ceramic wand to customize to their liking.
Throughout the night prizes will be awarded for the best trivia answers and all guests will enjoy pizza and drinks.
- When: Sunday, July 21st, 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Fired Up!, 1801 Fort St