Welcome to the weekend, Victoria!
There’s plenty of things to do over the next two days, like a Roller Disco Puppy Party, free outdoor concerts, a military museum open house, and so much more!
Without further ado, here are 16 things to do in and around Victoria this summer weekend.
Head down to Langham Court Theatre for a day full of shopping for vintage clothing, costumes, trinkets and more!
The event is not to be missed for fashion-minded individuals, performing arts groups, teachers, cosplayers, costume enthusiasts or anyone just looking for something neat! Proceeds go towards supporting local community theatre.
- When: Saturday, July 13th, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Where: Langham Court Theatre, 805 Langham Court
Roller Skate Victoria has partnered with the Victoria Humane Society to bring you an evening of Roller Skating fun with a litter of Disco Doggies to party with!
The puppies will be available to play with at the Lacrosse Box at West Shore Parks & Rec and a dollar from every ticket sold will go towards the Victoria Humane Society for animals in need! There will also be a Puppy Smooch Booth by donation with funds going towards the society.
- When: Saturday, July 13th, 6:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Where: West Shore Parks & Recreation, 1767 Island Highway
Head down to the Centre Of The Universe for a FREE night exploring the Dominion Astrophysical Observatory.
Don’t forget to register because these free nights tend to sell out fast!
- When: Saturday, July 13th, 7:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Where: Dominion Astrophysical Observatory, 5071 West Saanich Road
ABBA fans will want to head down to the Royal Theatre tonight for this jaw-dropping musical event!
Far from being ‘just another cover band’, The ABBA Show is a full-scale concert production featuring more than two hours of fun, energetic musical performances with a live backing band, replica costumes, theatrical lighting and effects, dancing, and more!
- When: Saturday, July 13th, 7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Where: Royal Theatre, 805 Broughton Street
Check out Rudd Park today for an afternoon of free family fun hosted by Calvary Victoria!
The community fair will feature carnival games, relay races, sports games, painting tutorials, a free lunch, and more!
- When: Saturday, July 13th, 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Where: Rudd Park, 3366 Whittier Avenue
CFB Esquimalt’s annual Naval and Military Museum Open House returns today!
Besides exploring the museum, attendees can enjoy historical re-enactments, face painting, sparkle tattoos, a bouncy castle, and more!
- When: Saturday, July 13th, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Where: CFB Esquimalt Naval and Military Museum, Naden Street
Come cheer on Victoria’s Pacific FC as they take on Ontario’s Forge FC today!
The high-performance soccer match kicks off at 3:00 p.m. sharp at the Westhills Stadium.
- When: Saturday, July 13th, 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Where: Westhills Stadium, 1089 Langford Parkway
Don’t miss Victoria’s weekly-weekend summer market down at the scenic Inner Harbour!
The market features dozens of local vendors, delicious food trucks, local musicians, and more.
- When: Saturday, July 13th, 6:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Inner Harbour
Head down to Moss Street today and to browse a wide array of local fruit, produce, handmade goods, artisan clothing, and more!
The Moss Street Market first started in 1992, and has run once week ever since.
- When: Saturday, July 13th, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Where: Corner of Moss Street and Fairfield Road
The 5th annual Oak Bay New Music Festival has returned for the weekend!
This two-day festival offers an exciting mix of musicians from different generations and cultural backgrounds, featuring chamber music by both local composers and beyond!
- When: Saturday & Sunday, July 13th to 14th, 2:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Where: St Mary the Virgin Anglican Church, 1701 Elgin Road
Today’s the perfect chance to take in a little Victoria history while also getting some fun scenic exercise!
Join renowned Victoria historian John Adams on a bicycle tour through some of the city’s most interesting historical sites. The ride crosses approximately 20 easy kilometres. Don’t forget to bring a lunch during a scenic lunch stop!
- When: Sunday, July 14th, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Where: Tour begins and ends at Centennial Square
The perfect meet up for singles looking to make local connections — whether for friendship, dating, or more, has arrived!
Clear your Sunday for a triple header of fun, starting with 18 holes of minigolf, 50 balls in a batting cage, and some speedy laps in a go-kart! Hosted by Vancouver Island Singles – Fresh Connections.
- When: Sunday, July 14th, 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Where: Western Speedway, 2207 Millstream Road
Bring your family and friends down for a fun, free Everyone Welcome Swim event at Panorama Recreation, sponsored by TELUS!
- When: Sunday, July 14th, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Where: Panorama Recreation, 1885 Forest Park Drive
Head down to Irving Park for some FREE and social outdoor yoga!
Sponsored by the City of Victoria and local businesses, Yoga in the Park is designed to get people inside, active, and meeting up with other people in the community.
- When: Sunday, July 14th, 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Where: Irving Park, 250 Menzies Street
If you’re looking for a scenic Sunday stroll check out Mary Lake Nature Sanctuary’s walking tours!
With 7 different ecosystems surrounding the 7 acre lake, visitors can join in on guided or self-guided tours around the nature sanctuary property.
- When: Sunday, July 14th, 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Where: Mary Lake Nature Sanctuary, 1772 Millstream Road
Head down to the Cameron Bandshell in Beacon Hill Park for today’s free summer concert in the park!
Every weekend during the summer a new musical performance or community program will take place at the bandshell. Today’s musicians are the Tom and Joey Duo, featuring jazz guitar and clarinet.
- When: Sunday, July 14th, 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Cameron Bandshell, Chestnut Row.