Craft beers and benefiting the local coastal wildlife?
Sign us up!
Vancouver Island Brewing is hosting a one-of-a-kind event this Saturday, July 20th, and with an afternoon full of live entertainment, great food and even better brews, it’s easy to see why it’s going to be the place to be this weekend.
Without further ado, here’s 5 reasons why your Saturday plans should include this year’s Podfest:
1. You get to party on a floating barge
Yes, you read that right.. Victoria’s own Breakwater Barge is going to be transformed into a beer garden, stage and restaurant all in one afternoon – and we’re all about it!
2. You’re helping out coastal wildlife
3. Brews a-plenty
This 19+ event will include brews from participating breweries such as Vancouver Island, White Sails, Twin City, Île Sauvage, and Land & Sea – can’t choose just one? Try ’em all!
4. There’s even an after party!
Continue the party afterwards at Dylan’s Sports Bar & Grill, with the collaboration beers and more! Donations will be accepted for Pacific Salmon Foundation throughout the evening.
5. Pod Packs are a (really cool) thing
Following the event, you’ll also be able to purchase a Pod Pack, a collaboration between local island breweries who want to preserve our coastal wildlife. One dollar from every pack will be donated to preserving wild BC salmon stocks, a vital food source for our southern resident killer whales.
View this post on Instagram
Alright everyone, now that you’ve seen the beers we have one simple question… Where do you want to see the #PODPACK? If you live in BC we can get the Pod Pack to a store near you. All you have to do is tag that store in this post and tell them “We need the Pod Pack!” 🐳🍺🙌 CC: @ilesauvagebrewing @landandseabeer @twincitybrewing @whitesailsbrewing @pacificsalmonfoundation 📸: @one_twenty_three_west_
The Pod Pack will include four 473 ml cans consisting of White Sails Ocean Sun Double IPA (8% abv), Twin City Rainshadow Blackberry-Raspberry Sour (5.5% abv), Île Sauvage Mystic Dry-Hopped Sour (5% abv), and Land & Sea Deadhead Hazy Session IPA (4.5% abv).
The four beers are named after one of the southern resident killer whales, and the packs will be available in local liquor stores!
ONE lucky winner is going to win four tickets to Podfest as well as a Vancouver Island Brewing swag pack! To enter, complete one or more of the following steps:
- LIKE Vancouver Island Brewing on Facebook and comment below to let us know once you have. (1 entry)
- FOLLOW Vancouver Island Brewing on Instagram and comment below to let us know once you have. (1 entry)
- SHARE this article on Facebook and/or Twitter and comment below to let us know once you have. (1 entry)
Must be 19+ to enter. One winner will be drawn on Friday, July 19th. Good luck!
- When: Saturday, July 20th – two sessions, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. or 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Where: Breakwater Barge, 201 Dallas Road
- Tickets: Available online for $10.00 (plus tax & fees), which includes your first drink and a $5.00 donation to the Pacific Salmon Foundation