From free concerts in the park to free car drifting shows, here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria today.
Head down to the Cameron Bandshell in Beacon Hill Park for today’s free summer concert in the park!
Every weekday during the summer a new musical performance or community program will take place at the bandshell. Today’s musicians are the Sweet Lowdown, an Acoustic Roots brand.
- When: 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Cameron Bandshell, Chestnut Row
Head down to St. Joseph’s Church Hall for a free water bottle swap!
Summer is here and Hydration is KEY! Bring any recyclable water bottle (something NOT Tupperware) and trade it in for a brand new Tupperware water bottle!
- When: 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Where: St. Joseph’s Church Hall, 753 Burnside Road W
Head down to Western Speedway to smell the rubber burn and watch the drivers drift.
Plus, admission for spectators is free!
- When: 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Where: Western Speedway, 2207 Millstream Road
Dancing in the Square is back!
Join the Victoria Ballroom Dance Society at Centennial Square for a free one hour Cha Cha dance Workshop followed by an hour and half of general dancing.
- When: 7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Where: Centennial Square
Come showcase your talent, whether it’s music, comedy, dance, spoken word or poetry… you name it!
Not a performer? No worries! Come down and support some brave local talent while enjoying your favourite food and drinks at The Mint!
- When: 8:30 p.m. registration, Show begins at 9:00 p.m.
- Where: The Mint, 1414 Douglas Street