Gather up your rainbow gear and get that glitter ready!
There are just TWO DAYS left until the 25th annual Victoria Pride Parade and Festival kick off, and the whole city is buzzing with excitement.
- Celebrate Victoria Pride week at this 19+ party hosted by Royal BC Museum
- The Victoria Pride Parade is in dire need of volunteers for Sunday
With thousands expected to attend both LGBTQ2S+ events – human and fur babies alike – you’re going to want to show up on time and at the right place.
Don’t miss any of the excitement! Here’s what’s happening:
- Assemble at the corner of Pandora and Government.
- The march continues south on Government and turns west on Belleville
- Then, you will turn south on Oswego and west on Simcoe
- The parade ends at Simcoe and Montreal
- The Victoria Pride Festival commences at MacDonald Park, 212 Niagara St
- Opening Ceremony followed by speeches co-hosted by the GVNCS two spirit collective
- The event is scheduled to end at 6 p.m.
The Victoria Pride Festival itself features two stages of music and entertainment, a cash-only beer garden (ATMs on site), multiple food trucks, a giant vendor area and a kids’ camp!
Taking the Main Stage by storm will be artists Caleb Hart, Stevie Wise & The Big Feelings, The Femme Fatales, led by emcee Vikki Smudge.
On the Beer Garden Stage will be performers Angela Hehr and Queer as Funk, with co-emcees Henrietta Dubét and Vivian Vanderpuss.
Can’t make it to downtown on July 7th?
For the first time ever, Victoria Buzz will be livestreaming the entire uproarious affair on our Facebook page, in partnership with the Downtown Victoria Business Association (DVBA), Sitka Law Group, You Move Me, Five Star Whale Watching, and Men in Kilts.
To show some love to our sponsors for supporting our coverage, follow:
- DVBA: Facebook | Twitter
- Sitka Law Group: Facebook | Instagram
- You Move Me: Facebook | Instagram
- Five Star Whale Watching: Facebook | Instagram
- Men in Kilts: Facebook | Instagram
Stay tuned for more info on what to expect (hint: there’ll be prizes)!
- When: Sunday, July 7th, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Where: Starts at the corner of Pandora and Government
- When: Sunday, July 7th, 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Where: MacDonald Park, 212 Niagara St