Summer is just getting started in Victoria!
After the cancellation of both Rifflandia and Rock the Shores music festivals this year, southern Vancouver Islanders are thrilled for the return of the city’s annual Phillips Backyard Weekender – and it starts today.
- Rifflandia music festival will not be returning to Victoria in 2019
- Atomique Productions has been acquired by Vancouver-based entertainment company
Back for its 7th year, this 3-day-long music festival will be headlined by American rapper Danny Brown on Saturday.
The iconic musician will be joined by Merkules, K-OS and DJ Yeezy Yee among several others – but incredible music isn’t all there is to this event.
As always, the 19+ weekender also features food trucks, drink options, and seating areas right in the heart of downtown Victoria.
Here’s the full schedule:
Friday, July 26th
- 4 p.m. – Jennay Badger
- 5 p.m. – The Brass
- 5:30 p.m. – Random Recipe
- 6:45 p.m. – DJ Z-Trip
- 8:30 p.m. – Steel Pulse
Saturday, July 27th
- 3 p.m. – Yeezy Yee
- 4:30 p.m. – Just Jon x Dom Dias
- 5:30 p.m. – Haviah Mighty
- 6:30 p.m. – k-os
- 7:45 p.m. – Merkules
- 9 p.m. – Danny Brown
Sunday, July 28th
- 3:15 p.m. – Peach Pyramid
- 4 p.m. – Art d’Ecco
- 4:45 p.m. – The Mariachi Ghost
- 5:45 p.m. – Yamantaka // Sonic Titan
- 7 p.m. – Shad
- 8:30 p.m. – Dirty Projectors
Single day passes are $39.50 for each day, while tickets for the entire weekend will cost you $99.50.
Tickets are available online and in-store at Phillips Brewing & Malting Co., 2010 Government St.
- When: July 26th – July 28th
- Where: 2010 Government Street
- Admission: Tickets cost $39.50 for individual days and $99.50 for the whole weekend. Click here to purchase.