Curious about Victoria’s comedy scene? Finally worked up the nerve to debut your tight five? There’s a place to get your standup fix almost every night of the week.
Whether you’re a fledgling comedian or polishing a set, this open mic is the perfect place for you. And if you’d rather just watch, then nothing goes together like pierogis and comedy. Cover is $5.00.
- When: Mondays, sign up at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Sült Pierogi Bar, 609 Yates Street
Logan’s Pub is a quirky venue well-suited to the eclectic nature of open mic comedy. Get there early and add your name to the list for a three minute spot.
- When: Tuesdays, doors/sign up at 7:30 p.m., starts at 8 p.m.
- Where: Logan’s Pub, 1821 Cook Street
Come see some of Victoria’s top comics, eat some Himalayan food and enjoy a beer or a mint-infused cocktail. Get your tickets online ($7.00) or at the door ($10.00) if you’re early enough. Seating is first come, first serve.
- When: Wednesdays, doors at 7 p.m., starts at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Mint Restaurant, 1414 Douglas Street
Dylan’s hosts two comedy nights—why not come to both? Watch or participate in Thursday’s HaHaHappy hour open mic. Laugh along with curated local comics at the Sunday Night Comedy show. Admission for both events is by donation.
- When: Thursdays, sign up at 8:30 p.m., starts at 9 p.m.
Sundays, doors at 6:30 p.m., starts at 7 p.m.
- Where: Dylan’s Sports Bar, 531 Yates Street
Hecklers is the place to go if you’re looking for big names in comedy. Plus they have fifty flavours of wings for you to enjoy between laughs. Be sure to reserve your tickets and get there early for a good seat—they fill up quick.
- When: Saturdays at 9 p.m.
- Where: Heckler’s Bar and Grill, 123 Gorge Road East