Happy Friday, Victoria!
There’s plenty to do in the city today, including free outdoor movies, free performances at the Vancouver Island Metal Festival, charity lemonade stands, and more!
Kick start your weekend with these 5 things to do in and around Victoria today.
Head down to any of Monk Office’s 9 locations on Vancouver Island to take part in their three day slime event! In-store events are only happening today and Friday.
Before the kids head to school they can make their own slimey concoction during a hands on workshop while you get back to school shopping done!
- When: Monday, August 19th – Friday, August 24th
- In-store events are only happening Wednesday and Friday.
- Where: All 9 Monk Office Supply locations:
- 1200 Broad Street, Victoria
- 3335 Oak Street, Victoria
- 794 Fort Street, Victoria
- Royal Oak Shopping Centre, 109-4430 West Saanich Road
- Tuscany Village, 101-1646 McKenzie Avenue
- 9839 Fifth Street, Sidney
- 138 Craig Street, Duncan
- 3-2760 Cliffe Avenue, Courtenay
- 7160 Rupert Street, Port Hardy
Head down to the Cameron Bandshell at Beacon Hill Park for a free outdoor screening of the Robin Williams classic, Mrs. Doubtfire!
Mrs. Doubtfire follows the story of Daniel Hillard, who disguises himself as a feale Scottish nanny, Mrs. Doubtfire, to spend more time with his children following a recent divorce.
- When: 8:30 p.m. to 10:35 p.m.
- Where: Cameron Bandshell at Beacon Hill Park, Chestnut Row
Vancouver Island’s annual Metal Festival continues with the second day of its exciting three day run!
Free performances will kick off at 5:00 p.m. in Centennial Square for all-ages, plus a 19+ beverage garden. Then, at 9:00 p.m., adult only shows begin at Logan’s Pub, featuring 4 live metal bands.
- When: All ages show begins at 5:00 p.m. | 19+ show begins at 9:00 p.m.
- Where: Centennial Square | Logan’s Pub, 1821 Cook Street
The Big Squeeze is a two-day city-wide lemonade stand competition hosted by and in support of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Victoria.
Dozens of busineses, restaurants, and community members are taking part in the event with their own special lemonade (like raspberry lemonade, mint lemonade, etc.). On Friday, participating organizations include, Peach Beauty Bar, Clives Classic Lounge, Wellspring Support Inc, The Oswego Hotel, Victoria News, The Studio Design & Marketing, Brown’s Socialhouse, Vegan Hippie Chick Cafe, Roast Sandwich and Meat Shop, Silk Road Tea
- When: 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Where: Across Victoria, locations can be found online here
Head down to Western Speedway for a wild Junkyard Rally Cross night!
The course will be filled with cars, small trucks, and SUVs flying through a course consisting of asphalt, wooden jumps, dirt jumps, and more. It’ll also be the first day of the Lordco Demo Cars/Trucks event, which will feature demo teams competing for $5000 in prizes.
- When: 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Where: Western Speedway, 2207 Millstream Road