Happy hump day, Victoria!
From a concert by the legendary “Weird Al” Yankovic to an awesome Monk Office Back to School Slime extravaganza, here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria today.
Head down to any of Monk Office’s 9 locations on Vancouver Island to take part in their three day slime event! In-store events are only happening today and Friday.
Before the kids head to school they can make their own slimey concoction during a hands on workshop while you get back to school shopping done!
- When: Monday, August 19th – Friday, August 24th
- In-store events are only happening Wednesday and Friday.
- Where: All 9 Monk Office Supply locations:
- 1200 Broad Street, Victoria
- 3335 Oak Street, Victoria
- 794 Fort Street, Victoria
- Royal Oak Shopping Centre, 109-4430 West Saanich Road
- Tuscany Village, 101-1646 McKenzie Avenue
- 9839 Fifth Street, Sidney
- 138 Craig Street, Duncan
- 3-2760 Cliffe Avenue, Courtenay
- 7160 Rupert Street, Port Hardy
Are you ready to get weird, Victoria?
Rock comedy legend Weird Al Yankovic is ready to take centre stage at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre tonight as part of his “Strings Attached” North America tour! The performance is described as a “high-energy, rock and comedy show featuring costumes, props, a video wall, and – for the first time – a full orchestra.”
- When: 8:00 p.m. until late
- Where: Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre, 1925 Blanshard Street
Head on over to Bullen Park for another edition of Esquimalt’s Summer Outdoor Movie Series!
Tonight’s movie in the park is 2018’s Aquaman, starring Jason Momoa, Amber Heard, Willem Dafoe, Nicole Kidman, and more.
- When: 8:45 p.m. to 10:45 p.m.
- Where: Bullen Park, 527 Fraser Street
The 33rd annual Victoria Fringe festival kicks off today in Centennial Square with its classic Fringe Eve Preview!
The preview will showcase nearly all 47 live performances with explosive 2 minute previews. The festival preview will also feature a popup box office for you to pick up tickets to your favourite shows, plus food and a beer garden from great local eateries, breweries, and cideries!
- When: 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Where: Centennial Square
Head down to the Oaklands Community Centre for its weekly evening market full of local farmers, artisans, jewelers, food trucks, live music, and a beer garden!
Today’s musical headliners include Nick Mintenko Music and Dryspell.
- When: 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Oaklands Community Centre, 2827 Belmont Avenue